DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Phone Shutting off randomly??

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Damn, this forum is scaring the snot out of me. Just bought this Bionic after my OG took a swim in the washing machine. I WAS planning to get a Bionic anyway, till I found out it didn't have a physical keyboard, figured I'd just wait until the 'perfect' phone for me came out. Well the OG going Michael Phelps rushed my purchase and I have had a few glitches, nothing as bad as in this thread though.

Is this normal for most new release phones? My prior 2 smartphones were both issue free (for me at least, Droid and HTC Tilt) and I am afraid that I'll go looney if this turns out to be a buggy POS.
  2. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Bionic
    JiriJ -
    I have so few apps loaded... but I guess I will delete useless scrabble. Thanks for the reply.

Rochambeau -
    Yeah, I am pretty bummed. I watched cnet reviews - was looking at Bionic since January. cnet said that the battery life was MUCH improved and had only praise for the Bionic.
    Battery life is NOT great - and so I have to buy a bulkier, bigger battery. And my hard case will no longer fit. Boo.

-MaddLibb
  3. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Quote Originally Posted by MaddLibb View Post
    JiriJ -
    I have so few apps loaded... but I guess I will delete useless scrabble. Thanks for the reply.

Rochambeau -
    Yeah, I am pretty bummed. I watched cnet reviews - was looking at Bionic since January. cnet said that the battery life was MUCH improved and had only praise for the Bionic.
    Battery life is NOT great - and so I have to buy a bulkier, bigger battery. And my hard case will no longer fit. Boo.

-MaddLibb
    I cant bring myself to suffer with the heavier battery . I'm just gonna buy the extra charger and battery so I can just swap them out.
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    Take all applications off then what is the point of the phone lol.
  5. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    DROID BIONIC
    Im actually having the OPPOSITE problem with my new Bionic. Instead of shutting off randomly, my Bionic won't Stay Off! Every night i turn my phone off before bed. So far every morning when i wake up, the phone is powered on and the battery is drained. i tested it during the day, i turned the phone off and watched it. within an hour the phone powered itself on. This happens every time i turn the phone off. Anyone else have this issue and/or know if it can be fixed? thanks !
  6. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by mj1159 View Post
    Im actually having the OPPOSITE problem with my new Bionic. Instead of shutting off randomly, my Bionic won't Stay Off! Every night i turn my phone off before bed. So far every morning when i wake up, the phone is powered on and the battery is drained. i tested it during the day, i turned the phone off and watched it. within an hour the phone powered itself on. This happens every time i turn the phone off. Anyone else have this issue and/or know if it can be fixed? thanks !
    Are you sure you are actually shutting it off? The power button quick press turns off the screen, but dows not power off the phone. You hold the power button until a menu comes up from which you select Power Off?

Ray Wilson

Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 Android 4.0
    Xoom WiFi Tablet Android 4.3
    Samsung Galaxy Note II - Android 4.1.2
  7. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    34 times
    Phone
    iPhone 5 and DROID MAXX
    Quote Originally Posted by mj1159 View Post
    You've uncovered Motorola's evil plot. Your Bionic has become self-aware.
    I have CDO. It's like OCD except the letters are in alphabetical order, as they should be.
  8. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    My Bionic has also started blacking out with no response from screen. It has happened at least 3 times, first time I docked it and it didn't come up. Thought I had drained battery, but next morning still nothing and not charged. Had to pull battery and plug into another charger. Dock still works fine. Have had it happen two more times since.

Ray Wilson

Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 Android 4.0
    Xoom WiFi Tablet Android 4.3
    Samsung Galaxy Note II - Android 4.1.2
  9. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    I'm not very happy with my Bionic right now. When it works, it is great. However, it keeps restarting randomly, at times even going into a boot loop.

I feel like every time I look over at my phone, the Motorola dual core screen is up and the phone is restarting. The past two days have been exceptionally bad with the phone boot looping for at least 10 minutes until I finally get fed up, take the case off and take out the battery. This doesn't always fix it either.

I'm at a loss as to what to do. There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to the restarts. It happens on the lock screen, while using different apps, while restarting etc..

Sometimes it pops right back up and is fine again for a few hours/days, but it has always happened again.

Is anyone else having this same type of problem? I'm sort of worried that I can't take it back either, as my 2 weeks are up.
  10. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    As I was typing that post, I had my Bionic sitting next to me with the battery out, trying to get it to recover from the boot loop it was in. I just put the battery back in and it started right back into the boot loop. It freezes on the sound + droid animation splash screen, mostly in mid animation.

I'm so frustrated. I haven't touched root. It is bone stock.

I can't find anyone on the internet having the same problem either.
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Links