DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 11 of 41 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Another Bionic that can't get a data connection... no 4G/3G/1X signal.. only wifi...

1. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    808 times
    Phone
    Verizon S4
    Premium Member
    Didn't Verizon say something last year, or earlier this year, about having all 3G-only phones phased out by 2013, or something along those lines?

Their 3G network is so rock solid... their 4G network is not. I know that's up to two years away, and obviously LTE is still in its infancy, but still... that thought worries me a bit.
    "...life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it."

Guidelines of Conduct
    The only dumb question is the one not asked.
  2. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Bionic
    NYC doesn't even have its 4G back yet, its been three days. surprising its been so long now, its been pretty solid here since i got my Bionic
  3. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Driod Bionic
    I got a credit for my data as well $30.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums
  4. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    I called twice and now got credited also.
  5. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Phone
    Bionic
    FWIW, the 4gLTE network should eventually be as reliable as the 3g. They found a way to quickly upgrade every 3g tower to 4gLTE, according to a CS rep I spoke to. Now it's just getting all the towers/phones to play nice together.
  6. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    I'm on my 3rd hardware unit. All three drop data. Could it possibly be a problem with the SIM? I'm not even using LTE (battery suck); CMDA. It appears to happen when I get to a low signal, then the bars go white with no 3g or 1x symbol, and won't come back until I reboot. This totally blows. Can I go back to Verizon and give up this phone for good, or am I stuck with this lemon for two years?
  7. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic

I don't think it's with the SIM.

I am on my second Bionic and my wife has one as well and all three have the issue. I believe if this was SIM related that there wouldn't be so many issues with so many SIMS. I honestly feel it is a problem with this phone on this network. I think that Verizon and Motorola are trying to fix the problem without acknowledging it. I think that are hoping a software update fixes the problem. If it doesn't get resolved by the next OTA update then Verizon is going to have a lot of angry customers. This is Motorola's first 4G LTE device and it is definitely filled with bugs. I believe Motorola should recall the phone and offer a working model. If the OTA update fails to fix the problem then Verizon will have to decide if they are going to offer a replacement and/or a release from the 2 year contract. Many people are banking on the supposed November OTA and I am as well. Don't hold your breath waiting for Verizon to do the right thing. We may be stuck with a 2 year deal on a phone that doesn't work right. I know I will be returning mine if the OTA doesn't fix it and I suggest that everyone with the issue do the same until they get one that works.
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Phone
    motorola droid
    Had the issue for a month until my area got 4g. Now 3 Weeks without a single issue. Phone has been perfect. figure that one out.

9. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    BIONIC
    Guys, I'm having the same issue. My data connection drops constantly, I don't even get 3G sometimes. My fix was turning airplane mode on then off, or power cycling if the airplane mode trick doesn't work. I called Verizon today and the rep told me they are aware of the issue and they are pushing out an update the beginning of Nov. that will address this issue.

10. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    I was on the phone with VZ all morning bouncing back and forth from from rep to rep (even one from Moto). I found out that they wont replace the Bionic with something different and the software upgrade/fix will be coming sometime early Nov. After all was said and done, I got one $50 credit for the October and another $50 for next month's problems. If the fix isn't here by Nov, I'll try like Hell to get another $50 credit!
Page 11 of 41 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Links