DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is Bionic Battery Life Really This Abysmal??

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid Bionic

Is Bionic Battery Life Really This Abysmal??

Well...it was my first full day with my new Bionic, and things didn't turn out as well as I had expected. Usage was light...just as much as when I had my 2yr old BB Tour yesterday. It was dead by lunch. Good thing I brought a charger. Got it charged to 80% by quitting time at around 430...but died again by 800. Is the battery life really this abysmal? I am considering returning it. I use it for work and its useless if it doesn't last me a full day.

Attachment 40442

As you can see, 35% phone idle and 25% standby took up the most usage:

Is Bionic Battery Life Really This Abysmal??-img00039-20110916-2203.jpg

Thoughts? Is it a defective battery or are others experiencing similar battery life?

3. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid Bionic
    Yes this problem is becoming a huge issue for me as well. I just picked mine up and also noticed a huge drain with regular use. I read somewhere in this forum that turning off 4G may help slow it down but it's hard to do when you've gotten a taste of that kind of speed. Other than that I can only suggest the usual power management tricks (backlight, running apps, etc.). Good luck!
  4. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    same here may be a deal breaker as it is really bad if you use gps forget about it
  5. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    I hope the Bionic gets an update before I get it by the 30th of this month.
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    106 times
    Phone
    Moto X
    Tgarza, it sounds like your phone hasn't gotten a FULL charge yet. Give it a full, overnight charge (8 to 10 hours) and run it through a few full charge/drain cycles before you judge. Also be aware, ALL 4 of Verizon's current 4G LTE phones use battery fast when on 4G. Switch your phone to 3G mode when in standby and you'll notice a difference.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums
    Phones: OG Droid >>Droid Bionic>>Moto X
  7. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    how do u turn off 4g and change to 3g?
  8. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    86 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Note 2
    Baton Rouge, LA
  9. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Bionic
    There are many reasons, everyone has so many different apps and some of them eat up battery. I bought the extended and I am getting around 16-18 hours of use with moderate usage. There is a setting under location and security which is share picture location. I would turn that off. Also turn off bluetooth when you are not using it. Make sure you charge and discharge the phone fully a few times as well.

There was a really good post in here by a Verizon rep about his experience with the battery with some good tips in it.

A lot of people like Juice defender which is supposed to be great for saving battery.
  10. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Last week I was pretty happy with the battery life on my Bionic. Something seems to have changed over the weekend. Saturday around 6 pm it was at 100%, by noon on Sunday the phone was powered off due to a dead battery. I had not used the phone at all during that time. As that was the first complete battery drain (extended battery BTW) I'm going to do another one today. As this is my second week, I have to determine if the bugs with the phone (choppy audio/video while recording in the car cradle and now potentially a battery life issue) are worth keeping it.
  11. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Driod Bionic
    Quote Originally Posted by Darev View Post
    Last week I was pretty happy with the battery life on my Bionic. Something seems to have changed over the weekend. Saturday around 6 pm it was at 100%, by noon on Sunday the phone was powered off due to a dead battery. I had not used the phone at all during that time. As that was the first complete battery drain (extended battery BTW) I'm going to do another one today. As this is my second week, I have to determine if the bugs with the phone (choppy audio/video while recording in the car cradle and now potentially a battery life issue) are worth keeping it.
    I had a similar experience this weekend. I think the difference was being at my house all weekend. Normally I am at work in a 4G area and I was managing about 8 hrs. At home I am outside of the 4G area but I did not turn 4G off. I was swapping batteries every 5-6 hrs. (Luckily got this from Costco with the bundle that contained the extra battery and charger.)

This morning I programed the phone to turn off 4G at my house (Using Llama) and I am hoping that will make a difference but I am tired of fighting the fight so I ordered the extended battery ($25) just in case.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links