DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: No 4G / 3G or network connection after waking PLEASE HELP

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    35 times
    Phone
    Samsung S4

Question No 4G / 3G or network connection after waking PLEASE HELP

Just wondering if this is a known issue. Stopping/Restarting Wifi seems to help (others say Airplane Mode on then off helps as well).

Possible firmware fix in the future??

TIA
    DessoThumbs
    ........Stock S4.........

3. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by DessoThumbs View Post
    Just wondering if this is a known issue. Stopping/Restarting Wifi seems to help (others say Airplane Mode on then off helps as well).

Possible firmware fix in the future??

TIA

I actually had the same thing happen to me today. I have no answers for you. Left Charlotte (4g) to drive up to BFE Virginia (3g). When I get to Virginia I have NO data at all. Tried toggling airplane, battery pull and anything else I could think of.

Went to the Verizon store after work, they did the same things with no luck. Next step is replacement from what they say. Having bought it from Costco I have to go there to exchange it (assuming they have any in stock).

Did talk to a Verizon guy on the phone and he was saying there was already a firmware update scheduled for october. And I wasn't the first one to report the data issue, there was actually a note in the system about the issue, but no real solution. Hopefully something good comes of this, pretty irritating!
  4. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Bionic
    Quote Originally Posted by csphokie View Post
    I actually had the same thing happen to me today. I have no answers for you. Left Charlotte (4g) to drive up to BFE Virginia (3g). When I get to Virginia I have NO data at all. Tried toggling airplane, battery pull and anything else I could think of.

Went to the Verizon store after work, they did the same things with no luck. Next step is replacement from what they say. Having bought it from Costco I have to go there to exchange it (assuming they have any in stock).

Did talk to a Verizon guy on the phone and he was saying there was already a firmware update scheduled for october. And I wasn't the first one to report the data issue, there was actually a note in the system about the issue, but no real solution. Hopefully something good comes of this, pretty irritating!
    Darnit, sounds like the exact same issue I had today. Weird thing is that it was fine in San Francisco and fine at home. In between the two though on the way there and back I had the data problems. Never had these problems with my OG Droid on the same route.
  5. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    Did your 3g ever come back when you got home? I'm still in VA in a town that has 3g and they can't bring it back.
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    35 times
    Phone
    Samsung S4
    Did your 3g ever come back when you got home? I'm still in VA in a town that has 3g and they can't bring it back.
    Yeah I can always get it back by selecting CDMA only in settings and then turning on airplane mode and then airplane mode on. I'm thinking maybe we have such a spotty/poor 4g signal at the house, but my phones is still trying to connect to it.

BIG OL' PITA. Hoe a firmware upgrade addresses this.
    DessoThumbs
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    35 times
    Phone
    Samsung S4

I'm in Monroe, so I'm close to you. I'm probably getting a much worse 4g signal as well.
    DessoThumbs
  8. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Do you guys have the maximum battery saver option selected in the battery profiles menu? That is designed to turn off network when idle. That could be the problem I'm not sure though.
  9. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Bionic
    Nope, one of the things I double checked. It is still in night saver mode.
  10. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by soccerdude6227 View Post
    Do you guys have the maximum battery saver option selected in the battery profiles menu? That is designed to turn off network when idle. That could be the problem I'm not sure though.
    Yeah, I just figured MY issue out. Not sure if it was the same as the other guys, but mine is tad embarassing (A little less embarrassing considering 3 people at VZW didn't catch it either). Thanks to the quoted text above I looked in Battery Saver. Mine was set properly; however, when in the menu I notice the Data Delivery option. What do you know, within that menu is a check box for 'Data enabled'. Never been in that menu before, but mine was unchecked. Checked it, and now I have 3g again. Hope this helps someone out there. Wish VZW trained their techs (phone and stores) to look in that menu too! I made sure to tell the phone tech how I fixed it so they could have it documented in case another idiot like me called in w/ that problem.
  11. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Having same issue. Just shows bars but no 3g/4g, can't make a call or access web unless i turn on wifi. If i didn't own a charge in the past i would say it was due to spotty coverage at my house but never had a problem with my charge. I checked all the settings everything is fine it just goes from working fine to not. cut and dry Some of the methods mentioned above get it going again but i really don't feel i or we should be trying tricks on a brand new $300 unit to get it to work as it should. Does anyone really feel this is an update fix? Has anyone thought about returning their units?
Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Links