DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: No 4G / 3G or network connection after waking PLEASE HELP

1. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    bionic
    This is the third bionic that I have had in twelve days, each one had different issues but they all had trouble switching from 4g to 3g. "third times the charm." Wrong!!! This one has more issues than the first two. It only rings right after a battery pull witch I have to do daily. They should have scrapped the phone for a second time and released it in full working order. Bionic is just an x2 with 4g. I'm going back to my charge it was slow but it worked. A better phone will be out by the time its truly fixed anyway.
  2. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    same problem with mine too first i get 3g with 3 bars the it swithces to 4g one bar and then nothing i get this no network conection message its just getting on my nervs
  3. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    198 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    So sent it back to letstalk Tuesday. I'm hoping they send out a replacement soon. Back on my OG and it's killing me. Miss the speed of the bionic.

Everything is so compact on this.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums
  4. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Phone
    Motorola Bionic
    For what's its worth, After having my bionic for a week started to lose my data connection (seemed to always be a 3G connection) after I hung up a call. I am 36 hours without a loss after installing the Th3ory ROM. Not sure there was a "Fix" in there specifically for that or it was by luck that the offending item was removed.
  5. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Quote Originally Posted by tomsyco View Post
    This is really becoming a major letdown. I really wonder why ths issue isn't really getting that much attention.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums
    Me too...same problem

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums
  6. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Hey all,
    I too am having this problem with my Bionic. It's really really stressing me out. Anyhow, I'm the admin on a very large corporate account and our account rep has confirmed that this is an issue that Motorola is feverishly working on. He also told me that it is their policy now to not replace the Bionics. He would replace my phone with anything else as long as it wasn't a Moto LTE. Since the rest of the LTE phones have their own issues, I'm holding out. He did say that according to their techs the problems is lessened / resolved if you shut off LTE, do a battery pull and reboot. In my case that didn't help, so your mileage may vary. So that's what I know. I'm waiting to see what happens, but I think this is a well known and acknowledged problem from both VZW and Moto so I doubt that we'll be waiting till Nov to see some sort of relief.
  7. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    198 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    Quote Originally Posted by Stinson317 View Post
    For what's its worth, After having my bionic for a week started to lose my data connection (seemed to always be a 3G connection) after I hung up a call. I am 36 hours without a loss after installing the Th3ory ROM. Not sure there was a "Fix" in there specifically for that or it was by luck that the offending item was removed.
    I guess it depends on the issue. I would think it's something with the radio and would require a baseband update. To my knowledge custom rommers don't make custom basebands.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums
  8. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    29 times
    Twitter
    benuti1
    Phone
    Bionic, Note2, Razr HD MAX X
    Got same problem they better fix it. Spoke to a Verizon tech for what its worth they know about it. Like some one said its in the radio if the devs get ahold of a new one if your rooted you probably flash it in recovery but by the time that happens they should have a fix for it. It doesnt happen to every one it depends on where you are at. If your on a fringe 4G line like I am when it looses sig if its only for a bit it goes to 3G or whatever and wont come back to 4G unless you toogle it. I also have a Thunderbolt dont have the problem with it and its showing higher speeds in speed tests. I am disapointed in the phone with all the hype it got I expected more or at least as good as my TB. Granted my TB is running a custom rom but its not overclocked runniung stock kernel. It should not make any difference how fast the phone is.
  9. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    Phone
    VZW Galaxy S4 | Commando 4G
    Mine does this. But then again. I have my battery set to max saver. So when the phone is in idle and screen is off for a certain time then data turns off. Doesn't always wake up. I have a AnyCut shortcut on my desktop for the Programming Menu data enable/disable option. I use that or toggle Airplane Mode. That usually works for most data glitches. Whether it be 3G dropping off while streaming audio/video or not coming back on ater about 15 seconds after wake up.
    (Verizon) Samsung Galaxy S4 - Rooted - VRUAMI1 (STOCK) | (Verizon) Casio (GzOne) Commando 4G - Rooted - C811M020 (STOCK)
  10. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid Bionic Verizon

Red face Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by csphokie View Post
    Yeah, I just figured MY issue out. Not sure if it was the same as the other guys, but mine is tad embarassing (A little less embarrassing considering 3 people at VZW didn't catch it either). Thanks to the quoted text above I looked in Battery Saver. Mine was set properly; however, when in the menu I notice the Data Delivery option. What do you know, within that menu is a check box for 'Data enabled'. Never been in that menu before, but mine was unchecked. Checked it, and now I have 3g again. Hope this helps someone out there. Wish VZW trained their techs (phone and stores) to look in that menu too! I made sure to tell the phone tech how I fixed it so they could have it documented in case another idiot like me called in w/ that problem.
    I was having the same issue and this fixed my Bionic. Thanks.
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Links