DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ****HELP**** Got new Bionic but can't RESTORE APPS/GAMES

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Phone
    Note 3, Note 2, SGS3, Bionic
    Hey bplewis24 how did you mount your phone (SD) and the other partition (SD-ext) at the same time via computer? I can only see both directories when using an app like "eFile" while on the phone, but the file folders are way too large to move via phone. When I mount the phone on my Mac via "USB Mass Storage" that is the only way I can see anything but it's only the SD card (SD-ext), I can't see the other in order to move the folders over. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm really glad to hear that a simply solution should work so I can completely enjoy this new Ruler of All Machines as they say.
  2. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by Batman8 View Post
    Hey bplewis24 how did you mount your phone (SD) and the other partition (SD-ext) at the same time via computer? I can only see both directories when using an app like "eFile" while on the phone, but the file folders are way too large to move via phone. When I mount the phone on my Mac via "USB Mass Storage" that is the only way I can see anything but it's only the SD card (SD-ext), I can't see the other in order to move the folders over. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm really glad to hear that a simply solution should work so I can completely enjoy this new Ruler of All Machines as they say.
    Well what typically happens is that the SDCard-EXT will pop up as removable storage device drive "J". Then after a few more seconds, the SDCard will pop up as removable storage device drive "K." I can open up both when I click on the drives and access all of the folders inside.

There have been a couple times where drive "K" will never pop up, and I have to unplug the phone and then plug it back in again.

You also have the option of using a file system application (like Astro File Manager) to open the folder on your phone and then copy it to the other directory. This is how I do it:

Apps>Astro File Manager>Navigate to /sdcard-ext>long press on the folder ("backups")>copy or move

Then press the "up" arrow to navigate back to /sdcard. Menu button, edit>paste.

Brandon
  3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Phone
    Note 3, Note 2, SGS3, Bionic
    Thanks for the help Brandon! I actually had to do a "factory data reset" for my phone to recognize "both" volumes at the same time, as well as to get my data connection back (which disappeared and would not return even after talking to Verizon AND Motorola all morning).

Now after the reset however I can copy folders from one volume to the other but I am really pissed that I have to. This partition crap is killing me. I already miss the old days where your storage was just plain old :/SDcard and everything could always be found by the phone because there was only one area where things were kept!

I'm in the process of copying a bunch of data folders which is tons of info so I hope all apps and games work when finished and I hope not to run out of internal space!! I'm starting to miss my Droid-X.
    Last edited by Batman8; 09-13-2011 at 12:11 PM.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links