DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Notification/LED issues

1. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    I have the same problem. If I have a notification waiting, it will only blink one time when I hit the power button to turn the screen off. No more blinks after that. Turn the screen on, then back off, and it blinks once and no more.

I doubt I need to replace the phone, it just seems like a software issue.

I keep finding things about LightFlow (someone said it was free, another said it was paid) but I don't see why we should have to install an app to get it to function properly.

Also, I don't have a case, so no my LED isn't blocked.
  2. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid Bionic
    Has anyone with this problem tried a factory reset yet? It seems just a small amount of us have this problem. I was thinking it could be related to an app or some type of setting.
  3. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    I've got the same problem - LED only blinks once, right when the screen turns off. Free version of LightFlow didn't change anything. I'll try a factory reset tomorrow.
    Moto X
  4. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    16 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Note 2
    Quote Originally Posted by jadesaber2 View Post
    I've got the same problem - LED only blinks once, right when the screen turns off. Free version of LightFlow didn't change anything. I'll try a factory reset tomorrow.
    ya, I don't understand it AT. ALL. The mysterious flashing green light. I turn the screen off and the little aggravating green light flashes once, then done. My Light Flow takes care of notification flashing perfectly, but I have NO. IDEA. why the green light flashes like that. Sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't. Usually a reboot fixes it, but it's still weird/frustrating/not normal.
    what?
  5. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Bionic

Led?!?

The ONLY time I have ever seen this illusive flashing light is when my battery is somewhere around 15% or below...which happens A LOT. (grrr)

As a former blackberry user I have come to depend on those little lights.

I've noticed that the led apps are hit or miss, it seems like the work for some people and not for others.
    Anybody have any luck with anything else?
  6. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Twitter
    theDmanVR6
    Phone
    Droid Bionic

Won't stop flashing!

So I got the Bionic on Sunday, and before this morning my LED notification worked just fine. The light would blink for text,e-mails (g mail), visual voice mail, and even missed calls. The LED would stay blinking until i cleared the notification from the drop down menu.

But this morning i have noticed that the LED will not stop blinking. I woke up two hours ago and since i have had it unplugged from the charger it has not stopped blinking. I have no notifications waiting to be cleared and i even did a reboot and a battery pull. The thing just wont stop blinking! I plan to call VZ after work and see what they say, I'm just wondering if anyone else out there who may be reading this thread has the same issue or may be able to offer some advice other than doing a factory reset.
  7. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone

Here is how you get the Droid Bionic LED to work:

HEY! After a week of searching user kganzenmuller over at the motorolla forums figured it out, and I just confirmed the solution myself.

1) Do a factory reset clearing out data on phone and sd card
    2) When starting to configure the phone again UNCHECK boxes for restoring app settings from Google acount (I unchecked both).

Continue with the phone configuration and now LED notifications again work! I still think there is a bug in the system so don't assume changing some setting or installing some app won't kill the functionality but for now it gets LED notifications back up and working!

Note: Haven't tried all variations of the directions. So it might be possible to accomplish the same results without wiping out your sd card, etc. -not sure.
  8. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Quote Originally Posted by earlyhike View Post
    HEY! After a week of searching user kganzenmuller over at the motorolla forums figured it out, and I just confirmed the solution myself.

1) Do a factory reset clearing out data on phone and sd card
    2) When starting to configure the phone again UNCHECK boxes for restoring app settings from Google acount (I unchecked both).

Continue with the phone configuration and now LED notifications again work! I still think there is a bug in the system so don't assume changing some setting or installing some app won't kill the functionality but for now it gets LED notifications back up and working!

Note: Haven't tried all variations of the directions. So it might be possible to accomplish the same results without wiping out your sd card, etc. -not sure.

Thank you!!!! So instead of doing the full reset (which I really didn't want to do) I just went to
    settings>privacy> then unchecked "back up my data".
    After that I turned my phone off and on again
    and it worked! I had a notification and an email and my little green light was blinking away! I did notice that it only blinks if my screen is on standby, as soon as I hit the top button it stops blinking (which is fine bc then I can see everything anyway )
    Hopefully VZW will fix this issue so that this "fix" isn't needed but for now I'm okay with it.
    Hope this works for other people too!
    Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums
  9. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Quote Originally Posted by kurnyb189 View Post
    Thank you!!!! So instead of doing the full reset (which I really didn't want to do) I just went to
    and it worked! I had a notification and an email and my little green light was blinking away! I did notice that it only blinks if my screen is on standby, as soon as I hit the top button it stops blinking (which is fine bc then I can see everything anyway )
    Hopefully VZW will fix this issue so that this "fix" isn't needed but for now I'm okay with it.
    Thanks for sharing. Sounds like turning that off resets something to get it working again. Currently though, that option is checked on my phone and notifications are working. So I'm guessing turning it back on won't break anything. But good to know a non-reset option is out there.
  10. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Quote Originally Posted by kurnyb189 View Post
    I just tried that; didn't work. Looks like it's a factory reset for me after work. Fingers crossed...
    Moto X
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links