DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Am I screwed until SBF is available?

1. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Bionic

Unhappy Am I screwed until SBF is available?

Just got my first ever Droid yesterday and attempted to follow my friend's advice to root it - well that went smoothly. Then I attempted to do the next step of removing the Bloatware and this is where my (#@*ing noob/stupidity kicked in and I apparently deleted some important file which caused me to receive Force Close errors when I tried to add/view my contacts. I started reading around on the forums and saw where people suggested to fix it by downloading the System/Apps Dump folder (which I did from TBH) but after moving the files to my SD card and then using Root Explorer to copy/move the apps into the System/Apps folder on the Droid it started spamming FC errors again so I took out the battery and put it back in and now it's stuck on the reboot loop.

Really hoping I didn't just throw $260 down the drain and I don't have the money to fork out for another Bionic/smart phone - can't go back to my old phone either since it was basically dead and that's why I went with a new phone...

I know this can be fixed once the SBF file is released/determined but I've never had a Droid and not sure how long this process can take...

Any advice other than to not be a @#)ing idiot?
  2. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 3
    What you could do is if you remember what u deleted just go to the system app dump finnd those files add .bak to them insert them into the system folder remove the .bak install and see if that works

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums
  3. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    I can't turn my phone on to access any files on it currently other than the Recovery screen. I know which apps I had deleted and I obtained them from the Dump file online and installed/changed the permissions but that didn't work so I attempted to just do a full system folder change out and that's when this happened.
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    45 times
    Twitter
    @NexusICS1978
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    try fixing permissions with rom manager after doing a factory reset

hold volume up and down and power while turning it on
    use up button to select pick recovery you will see a droid and triangle hit volume up and down to get into recovery wipe dalvick and do a factory reset
    if that dont work unroot take out all the root apps and return the phone to verizon for a swap

Samsung
    Galaxy Nexus
    Rom all of them
  5. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    I can't help you with the broken phone, but I can tell you that reason your contacts didn't work is because you deleted the Yahoo Contacts app. I know because I did this myself . I mean, who the f**k wants Yahoo bloatware on their phone? Anyway this thread has a bunch more info: HELP! accidentally deleted IMSCServer from Droid Bionic

It doesn't seem like you can install system apps (easily, at least) on the bionic, which is probably why you keep getting those errors. I'm sorry to say but it seems like you need to wait until they release a stock ROM/sbf.

Links