well i bricked my phone day one playing around with it, so tried hard reset to no avail lol :'( o well. anyway here is how you do it since the ones i found online are wrong.
1. hold down BOTH volume up and down, and press and hold power.
2.scroll down with volume down to recovery
3. select recovery with volume up
4. at the droid triangle screen again press BOTH volume up and down
5. scroll to wipe data/factory reset
6. select with power button
7. scroll down to yes with volume down
8. select yes with power button
9. wait for it to do its thing.
10. select reboot now with power button.
now you have performed a hard reset on your phone.
I am not responsible if you screw it up, and this WILL delete everything off your phone and put it back to factory settings. If your phone is still messed up you will need to return it.