DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: [ROM] Bionic Eclipse ICS v1.2 - 11/3/12

1. Android For Life
    Member #
    Liked
    48 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    DroidForums.net Theme Developer
    Premium Member
    You should be using safestrap ics 3.05
  2. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    74 times
    Phone
    bionic
    Quote Originally Posted by Mbk
    You should be using safestrap ics 3.05
    Yep......

http://blog.hash-of-codes.com/how-to-safestrap/
  3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    51 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Quote Originally Posted by ghodgso1 View Post
    Really having trouble with this. Now before you all go getting upset, I already did a lot of forum searching. First I tried the volume and power button method into recovery to apply the ROM, the error happens every time. Then I tried clockwork mod. Maybe I'm using it wrong, I don't think so, but it didn't work. Downloaded the safestrap file someone posted on here, no idea what the heck that is doing. I've flashed ROMs probably about 5 times before and can't figure this out, maybe I need to redownload the file. I'm definitely not a pro at and really could use some help. Any suggestions?

THanks
    It sounds to me like you just downloaded Safestrap and just let it sit on your phone, not actually installing it. So here we go, I'll give you a step by step run down of how to get this up and running on your phone.

1. Root your phone using Razr's Edge.
    2. Verify that your phone is set up to install apps from Unknown Sources.
    3. Download Safestrap.
    4. Browse to the downloaded Safestrap file using a file manager, open it and install it.
    5. After that, open Safestrap up like you would a normal app on your phone.
    6. Go through the disclaimer. From there, click on "Install Recovery". When it's completed, the status will say "Installed" on it.
    --
    7. Verify that the Eclipse .zip file is on your actual SD Card (in the "sdcard-ext" directory).
    8. Power down your phone and reboot like normal.
    --
    9. On boot up, you'll see a new splash screen asking if you want to run Safestrap (Menu Recovery) or "Continue" with regular boot up. Select the Menu for Recovery option.
    10. Once in Safestrap, click on "Boot Options".
    11. Click on rom-slot1, select the size of your partition (if you like to keep apps "internally, select a larger size), then click on Create ROM Slot.
    12. Once rom-slot1 has been created, click on the "Activate" button to set it as the active boot partition.
    13. Now go back to the main Safestrap menu and this time click on "Wipe". From there wipe your "Cache" and "Dalvik Cache". This will not erase any of your settings or files.
    14. Go back to the main menu and this time click on "Install". Navigate to your Eclipse .zip file and select it. This will take awhile.
    15. Once Eclipse has been installed, go back to the menu, wipe your two caches again (redundant, I know, but I'm paranoid about the havoc of not wiping cache enough when flashing).
    16. Select the reboot option on the main menu, select "System" and it will restart your phone. When the Safestrap menu pops up this time, simply hit "Continue".
    17. Voila, your phone will now have Eclipse. NOTE: The first boot up takes FOREVER, so just have some patience.

Also note that this is basically a separate operating system from your main partition. You'll need to reinstall apps, sync contacts, restore text messages, and all of that jazz as if you had done a Factory Data Reset.

The Aphotic Chaotic
    LG G2 VS980 (Verizon) [JB 4.3] PAC-man ROM
    Nexus 7 [JB 4.2.2] XenonHD
  4. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Bionic ICS .230
    couple problems im having

Home Key is not working at all
    clock function keep FC
    Ringer is not loud enough

anyone help me out?

i downloaded latest eclipse about 4 hrs ago

Suffering with my Bionic since Sept 2011.
  5. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    74 times
    Phone
    bionic
    Sounds like you may need to wipe all, format system and reinstall eclipse again.
    Member #
    Liked
    12 times
    Twitter
    Nitroglycerin33
    Phone
    Nexus
    DroidForums.net Developer
    Premium Member

Re: [ROM] Bionic Eclipse ICS v1.2 - 11/3/12

Quote Originally Posted by player52 View Post
    couple problems im having

Home Key is not working at all
    clock function keep FC
    Ringer is not loud enough

anyone help me out?

i downloaded latest eclipse about 4 hrs ago
    Are you on the official ICS build prior to flashing. Are you using safe strap? What version are you using?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Droid X 2.2 Froyo Rooted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vepaot View Post
    It sounds to me like you just downloaded Safestrap and just let it sit on your phone, not actually installing it. So here we go, I'll give you a step by step run down of how to get this up and running on your phone.

1. Root your phone using Razr's Edge.
    2. Verify that your phone is set up to install apps from Unknown Sources.
    3. Download Safestrap.
    4. Browse to the downloaded Safestrap file using a file manager, open it and install it.
    5. After that, open Safestrap up like you would a normal app on your phone.
    6. Go through the disclaimer. From there, click on "Install Recovery". When it's completed, the status will say "Installed" on it.
    --
    7. Verify that the Eclipse .zip file is on your actual SD Card (in the "sdcard-ext" directory).
    8. Power down your phone and reboot like normal.
    --
    9. On boot up, you'll see a new splash screen asking if you want to run Safestrap (Menu Recovery) or "Continue" with regular boot up. Select the Menu for Recovery option.
    10. Once in Safestrap, click on "Boot Options".
    11. Click on rom-slot1, select the size of your partition (if you like to keep apps "internally, select a larger size), then click on Create ROM Slot.
    12. Once rom-slot1 has been created, click on the "Activate" button to set it as the active boot partition.
    13. Now go back to the main Safestrap menu and this time click on "Wipe". From there wipe your "Cache" and "Dalvik Cache". This will not erase any of your settings or files.
    14. Go back to the main menu and this time click on "Install". Navigate to your Eclipse .zip file and select it. This will take awhile.
    15. Once Eclipse has been installed, go back to the menu, wipe your two caches again (redundant, I know, but I'm paranoid about the havoc of not wiping cache enough when flashing).
    16. Select the reboot option on the main menu, select "System" and it will restart your phone. When the Safestrap menu pops up this time, simply hit "Continue".
    17. Voila, your phone will now have Eclipse. NOTE: The first boot up takes FOREVER, so just have some patience.

Also note that this is basically a separate operating system from your main partition. You'll need to reinstall apps, sync contacts, restore text messages, and all of that jazz as if you had done a Factory Data Reset.
    Thank you coming from someone who hasn't touched anything having to do with rooting/roming because they are deployed and don't want to mess up ability to call home on wifi and are new to the Bionic. I think I had this down from what I have read but step by steps are always helpful. Also new to safestrap coming from bootstrap on the D3 because I wanted the ability to hot reboot and the reboot menus never worked on safestrap for the D3...
    -Bionic, Extended Battery, stock rooted JB, still going strong
    -D3 MavRom, backup phone

-boost mobile Epic 4G 1.4GHZ Marcusant V3 R.I.P.
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    51 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottyDsntKnow View Post
    Thank you coming from someone who hasn't touched anything having to do with rooting/roming because they are deployed and don't want to mess up ability to call home on wifi and are new to the Bionic. I think I had this down from what I have read but step by steps are always helpful. Also new to safestrap coming from bootstrap on the D3 because I wanted the ability to hot reboot and the reboot menus never worked on safestrap for the D3...
    The cool thing about Safestrap is that it was designed to be fool-proof. As long as you don't mess with your original partition, you can't really do any damage to your phone. When you hear people talking about the "safe side", that is what they mean...all of the modding and hacking you do on the partition you created, can just be wiped and deleted and you can always start over from scratch.

I remember trying to download anything through the military NIPRnet was a royal pain the rear. Guessing it's gotten better since I got out a few years ago? In any case, if you have any problems or questions, someone will be sure to help you out.

The Aphotic Chaotic
    LG G2 VS980 (Verizon) [JB 4.3] PAC-man ROM
    Nexus 7 [JB 4.2.2] XenonHD
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Droid X 2.2 Froyo Rooted

Re: [ROM] Bionic Eclipse ICS v1.2 - 11/3/12

Actually we get open wifi out here so that's cool. Im going to be home next week though, ordered my bionic from the evilbay brand new so its waiting for me when I get there.
    -Bionic, Extended Battery, stock rooted JB, still going strong
    -D3 MavRom, backup phone

-boost mobile Epic 4G 1.4GHZ Marcusant V3 R.I.P.
  10. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    74 times
    Phone
    bionic
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottyDsntKnow
    Actually we get open wifi out here so that's cool. Im going to be home next week though, ordered my bionic from the evilbay brand new so its waiting for me when I get there.
    Cool man. What phone u upgrading from?
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Links