DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: [ROM] Bionic Eclipse ICS v1.2 - 11/3/12

1. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    74 times
    Phone
    bionic
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottyDsntKnow
    I know you need safestrap to install this, any way to make a bootstrap version? I ask because I want to be able to use the lapdock I am getting and safestrap messes with it. You have to be in non-safe mode for it to work but bootstrap works great with it.
    Hmmm. I am able to use my adapter to hook up to my TV and go into either web top mode or mirror mode without any problems while using safe strap. My wife's razr is using safe strap and eclipse rom as well and able to do the same with no problems. So your lap dock should be able to work with safe strap installed. What kind of message are you getting?
  2. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Droid X 2.2 Froyo Rooted
    Maybe it was old news... I would obviously MUCH rather use safestrap but I've heard in multiple threads that safestrap safe mode locks up the lapdock. Like it connects but you can't use anything. I'll have to find out when my lapdock and bionic both come in. I really want to have it for the road, I might not even put a rom on the phone if I can't get full functionality out of it. I've had pretty good luck with my wife's Droid 3 on the stock rom rooted with all the bloatware frozen and an aftermarket launcher so w/e.
    -Bionic, Extended Battery, stock rooted JB, still going strong
    -D3 MavRom, backup phone

-boost mobile Epic 4G 1.4GHZ Marcusant V3 R.I.P.
  3. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Twitter
    Andrewandrax
    Phone
    Alcatel OT 918

eclipse ics v1.2

can eclipse rom be used on a phone other than a motorolla? (like an alcatel or samsung?)
  4. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    74 times
    Phone
    bionic
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottyDsntKnow
    Maybe it was old news... I would obviously MUCH rather use safestrap but I've heard in multiple threads that safestrap safe mode locks up the lapdock. Like it connects but you can't use anything. I'll have to find out when my lapdock and bionic both come in. I really want to have it for the road, I might not even put a rom on the phone if I can't get full functionality out of it. I've had pretty good luck with my wife's Droid 3 on the stock rom rooted with all the bloatware frozen and an aftermarket launcher so w/e.
    I think you'll be fine with eclipse and lap dock. Like I said , web top mode works fine while I'm running eclipse.
  5. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    74 times
    Phone
    bionic
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrewandrax
    can eclipse rom be used on a phone other than a motorolla? (like an alcatel or samsung?)
    Only if its a ROM made for that phone. Let's say you try to flash eclipse for bionic on a Samsung gs3. You will hard brick. And maybe not even be able to recover. That's a big no-no. ONLY flash ROMs that are specifically made for your phone.
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Droid X 2.2 Froyo Rooted
    All roms are phone specific, even the same rom for different phones. Like back when the DX was big and new I remember a TON of ppl who did not read directions hard bricked their phones trying to install Apex and Rubix and Liberty for the D2 onto the DX and vice versa... Heck I even remember the .232 Froyo leak escapade that happened Dec 2010. So many hard bricks forcing TBH to release the full SBF.

Whatever phone you have, go to that forum and get a rom for that phone and make sure you are on the right OS.

And deduct, thanks for the heads up, good to know I didn't just waste $70 on a lapdock since I am loathe to leave my devices stock when they can run ever so much better on a custom rom. Better battery liffe, faster, more options etc...
    -D3 MavRom, backup phone

7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    51 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottyDsntKnow View Post
    Maybe it was old news... I would obviously MUCH rather use safestrap but I've heard in multiple threads that safestrap safe mode locks up the lapdock.
    I can personally say I have not had this issue with the Eclipse ROM while running Safestrap. I use my lapdock for work related stuff like remote desktop access, as well as for reading and writing, and playing any games I can pair with my PS3 controller. And everything so far has been running great.

Hope that helps clear your mind my friend.

The Aphotic Chaotic
    LG G2 VS980 (Verizon) [JB 4.3] PAC-man ROM
    Nexus 7 [JB 4.2.2] XenonHD
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Droid X 2.2 Froyo Rooted

Re: [ROM] Bionic Eclipse ICS v1.2 - 11/3/12

This is so what I wanted to hear. Nothing like Mario kart with a ps3 controller. Now ill be able to powerslide properly lol.
    -D3 MavRom, backup phone

9. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    74 times
    Phone
    bionic
    Ahhhh yes. Good ol Mario kart. I can hear the music now.
  10. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Bionic

Signature verification failed

Really having trouble with this. Now before you all go getting upset, I already did a lot of forum searching.

First I tried the volume and power button method into recovery to apply the ROM, the error happens every time.

Then I tried clockwork mod. Maybe I'm using it wrong, I don't think so, but it didn't work.

Downloaded the safestrap file someone posted on here, no idea what the heck that is doing.

I've flashed ROMs probably about 5 times before and can't figure this out, maybe I need to redownload the file. I'm definitely not a pro at and really could use some help. Any suggestions?

THanks
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Links