DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: The Best ICS ROM

1. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Quote Originally Posted by DrJay View Post
    I am personally running the liquid 2.6 jmod (see Obsidian's post for links) and it is nearly flawless (no webtop, but I don't use it anyway). Best thing about the 232 leak with liquid ics on top is that both cpu cores are active and it is faster than ish and no bloat!!! Over 3000 on quadrant and stable as hell.

Sent from my ICS DROID BIONIC using my fingers
    I would second that, I've been running Liquid 2.6 since it's release and it is definitely my daily driver. I breifly gave into the crackflash addiction and flashed Liquid CM9 KEXEC yesterday, but it had two random restarts while the phone was sitting idle attached to the laptop for charging so I went back to 26. I had tried to restore my SS backup from the CM9 KEXEC but when the phone rebooted, it wouldn't connect to WIFI (the connection avoided due to poor internet connectivity error) and I couldn't get it to work no matter what so I ended up doing a data wipe and reinstalling which fixed those problems. I'll probably try the non-KEXEC version next week after I see how it works for others. The thing about the Hive going off-line is there just isn't quite the same amount of posting on the Bionic section at the moment, more than likely since not everyone has found the new home yet.

Cheers
  2. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Bionic D-1 is retired
    Problem with bootstrap if you ask me is that you have no safety net god forbid you forgot to make a backup and on top of that you have no way to get into bootstrap aside from the bootstrap app itself as far as I know so if you screw up you're fked end of story. At least with safestrap the splash screen allows you to get back into recovery with out any issues and it automatically backs up your stock rom before switching between unsafe and safe modes.
  3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Silvernirvash
    Problem with bootstrap if you ask me is that you have no safety net god forbid you forgot to make a backup and on top of that you have no way to get into bootstrap aside from the bootstrap app itself as far as I know so if you screw up you're fked end of story. At least with safestrap the splash screen allows you to get back into recovery with out any issues and it automatically backs up your stock rom before switching between unsafe and safe modes.
    Yeah safestrap IMHO is so much better. I don't see why you would use bootstrap when you can use safestrap. Plus with the new version 2.11 it has kexec intergrated. We are not far from custom kernals. Safestrap 2.11 is the only way to flash IMHO.
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Quote Originally Posted by matjmonk

I would second that, I've been running Liquid 2.6 since it's release and it is definitely my daily driver. I breifly gave into the crackflash addiction and flashed Liquid CM9 KEXEC yesterday, but it had two random restarts while the phone was sitting idle attached to the laptop for charging so I went back to 26. I had tried to restore my SS backup from the CM9 KEXEC but when the phone rebooted, it wouldn't connect to WIFI (the connection avoided due to poor internet connectivity error) and I couldn't get it to work no matter what so I ended up doing a data imwipe and reinstalling which fixed those problems. I'll probably try the non-KEXEC version next week after I see how it works for others. The thing about the Hive going off-line is there just isn't quite the same amount of posting on the Bionic section at the moment, more than likely since not everyone has found the new home yet.

Cheers
    I'm on liquid also. Its become my daily driver love this rom. Its customization is second to none.
  5. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Quote Originally Posted by JayBusa102709 View Post
    I'm on liquid also. Its become my daily driver love this rom. Its customization is second to none.
    Actually, there is one out now that is more customizable, SpeedliteAKOP. I've been running this one now for a few days and it is pretty smooth and does have a ton of customizations in it. The only downside with it is the battery life but the dev has said he is working on a new version that should help with that. What a great time to be a Bionic user, the ROMS are just falling out of the sky lately!!! Thanks all you Devs!!!!

6flip9 likes this.
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Twitter
    milski65
    Phone
    Bionic and X
    Quote Originally Posted by Silvernirvash View Post
    BS-BP tools version does reboot you to cwm every time (or via battery pull). I know most recommend ss, but I've had no problems with bs. Have 4 nandroids I can flip between ad lib. I realize I'll have to make the switch sooner or later, but it isn't the scary monster I've seen many people make it out to be.

Sent from my XT875 using Tapatalk 2
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Quote Originally Posted by matjmonk

Actually, there is one out now that is more customizable, SpeedliteAKOP. I've been running this one now for a few days and it is pretty smooth and does have a ton of customizations in it. The only downside with it is the battery life but the dev has said he is working on a new version that should help with that. What a great time to be a Bionic user, the ROMS are just falling out of the sky lately!!! Thanks all you Devs!!!!

You are right just flashed. This rom is really nice tons of customization. Thanks for the tip!!!
  8. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    74 times
    Phone
    bionic
    I have been running liquid blur v1.1r2 and love it! Battery life on this rom and motoicsbean are very good. As is everything else. Highly recommend both.
  9. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Bionic D-1 is retired
    Quote Originally Posted by milski65

BS-BP tools version does reboot you to cwm every time (or via battery pull). I know most recommend ss, but I've had no problems with bs. Have 4 nandroids I can flip between ad lib. I realize I'll have to make the switch sooner or later, but it isn't the scary monster I've seen many people make it out to be.

Sent from my XT875 using Tapatalk 2
    Lol never made it out to be a monster myself I just found it less efficient with the lack of easy of access and the fact that if you screwed up you were forced to at first rsd flash back to stock lol. Things might have changed but I still prefer ss due to the safety net it creates
  10. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    74 times
    Phone
    bionic
    Quote Originally Posted by Silvernirvash

Lol never made it out to be a monster myself I just found it less efficient with the lack of easy of access and the fact that if you screwed up you were forced to at first rsd flash back to stock lol. Things might have changed but I still prefer ss due to the safety net it creates
    I agree completely. Also when you do decide to restore or create a backup using ss, it takes almost half the time as it does with bs.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links