I have 5.9.902 installed and I am rooted. No what?!!! I have the verizon droid bionic.
Do you have safestrap installed? or bootstrap?
It is safer to have safestrap installed then bootstrap because you can install ICS on the safe mode and have your stable rom in the unsafe mode.
So to install ICS download all files to your sd card.
You can try either AOKP or CM9.
follow these steps to install ICS and use safestrap.
If you wish to use safestrap you MUST remove all traces of bootstrap on your device.
so lets start.
Steps to make a backup in non-safe mode
1. Reboot the phone
2. At splash screen press menu key. You are now in CWR.
3. Select backup and restore.
4. Select backup.
5. Should take about 1-3 minutes here.
6. go back
Done with the backup.
Steps to go into safemode.
Steps to flash rom
- Select safemode
- Turn on safemode (this will take a couple of minutes so relax for a bit)
- Now you are in safe mode.
When it reboots it will take a while to reboot. do not think you are on a boot loop. just sit back and relax.
- wipe data
- wipe cache
- go into mounts and storage
- go back
- select advance
- wipe dalvik cache
- go back
- select install zip from sdcard
- select choose zip from sdcard
- select internal or external (depends on where you downloaded it)
- select file and flash rom
- flash gapps (make sure you flash gapps right after you flash the rom)
- go back and reboot.
So after you have flashed your rom (AOKP or CM9) you have to flash gapps right after. Do not reboot after you flash your rom!!! you MUST flash the gapps file after you flash the rom!!! Then reboot.
If you have no data 4g/3g you can dial *#*#4636#*#* and select phone information then scroll down to gsm/cdma auto (prl), next select gsm only and the screen will turn dark or blink once. after that bring the drop down menu again and select gsm/cdma auto (prl) again and there you have it 4g/3g.
Last edited by monkeywrench14; 03-05-2012 at 11:40 PM.
ok so the forum droidhive.com was not working, but it is up now. If you want to you can go here http://www.droidhive.com/forums/inde...age/index.html and get all the latest info on roms and updates. hope this helps. if you have any more questions please feel free to ask.