DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: ROM recommendation (Corporate Sync/Corporate HELP)

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Bionic

ROM recommendation (Corporate Sync/Corporate HELP)

Hello all,
    First off great ROM, looks amazing, I would use this as a daily driver if it wasnt for the fact that i cannot get corporate sync/Corporate to function properly with my exchange server/webmail for work. the "Corporate Sync" isn't selectable at all, you click it and it doesn't do anything. I then select corporate (which i believe is a galaxy nexus version of corporate sync) and i type in all of my information and it never connects back to my exchange servers.

I am running safestrap with a debloated stock .902 build rom and a eclipse rom as my dual boot, the eclipse rom is the most up to date version available. If anyone ran into this issue and has a fix please shed some light as i cannot run roms without having Corporate sync/Corporate for my work emails as well. I am not new to rooting/flashing/modding phones so anything that you guys can throw at me for a fix im willing to venture into. thanks in advance

~Dez

3. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Env Touch
    Some of the main blur components required for corporate sync aren't included...and corporate sync itself isn't in here. It may be possible to get the blur stuff from kinetix but most likely with this rom you.will need to use the regular email or use a third party one.
  4. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Twitter
    @edwards2243
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    Quote Originally Posted by minger View Post
    Some of the main blur components required for corporate sync aren't included...and corporate sync itself isn't in here. It may be possible to get the blur stuff from kinetix but most likely with this rom you.will need to use the regular email or use a third party one.
    I have corporate sync working properly... haven't had any issues.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk
  5. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Droid RAZR MAXXX
    Yeah, I'm using a corporate sync account too. Not sure if you have another issue.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums
  6. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    I don't believe either of you. Are you sure you're using the corporate sync account (exchange) and not just the corporate account?
    If so then how.
    The corporate sync account is NOT clickable in eclipse 3.0
  7. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Quote Originally Posted by willpower101 View Post
    I don't believe either of you.
    Nice. Real nice.

Quote Originally Posted by willpower101 View Post
    Are you sure you're using the corporate sync account (exchange) and not just the corporate account?
    If so then how.
    The corporate sync account is NOT clickable in eclipse 3.0
    If you're on .902, why are you flashing Eclipse 3.0? The instructions specifically say you must be on .905 for Eclipse 3.0. If you're on .902, use Eclipse 2.2. I am on the latter with absolutely no issues on corporate sync.
  8. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Quote Originally Posted by Underwater Mike View Post
    Nice. Real nice.

If you're on .902, why are you flashing Eclipse 3.0? The instructions specifically say you must be on .905 for Eclipse 3.0. If you're on .902, use Eclipse 2.2. I am on the latter with absolutely no issues on corporate sync.
    I was being flippant on purpose. I'm sure they have it working somehow, but I'm just wondering if it's through the actual corporate sync button. Minger may have nailed it when he mentioned the blur component not being there.

I'm on 905. I'm couldn't get it to work on 902 either. Click, makes the tapping action, no effect.
    I got it to work by A. Adding an incorrect account on corporate, which induces manual mode but leaves the incorrect account label, then finally B. adding the account manually by opening the default email client and setting up an account with the manual option there.

Still doesn't look at pretty as the corporate sync, but I believe I'm getting the same functionality.

Oh how I long for an Ice Cream Sandwich that doesn't have data issues. (Not a compromise I can make with the needs of this particular phone)
  9. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    I'm running Eclipse 3.0 and just came from Eclipse .904 v7 and the corporate account worked fine on both. The OP is correct, the "Corporate Sync" doesn't do anything but adding my work exchange account using "Corporate" worked just fine (also works for adding my Hotmail account also). The one change I noticed between .904 v7 and 3.0 is that the calendar apk no longer recognizes the calendar from my exchange account. I also had this problem on the ICS and CM ROMS and found a work around here: How-to: Sync Motorola Droid Bionic Calendar (Gmail) with Outlook Calendar

Cheers
  10. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Droid RAZR MAXXX
    Also, keep in mind this thread, where I mentioned using corporate sync is now 3 months old. I was on 2.2 at that time. However, I'm on 905 with 3.0 and am using a corporate exchange account with no issues.

Links