DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By kamisan

Thread: Why?!

1. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Twitter
    BrandonLewis08
    Phone
    G-Nex, GS3

Why?!

I'm curious to hear from some people on here....I've been reading a lot of topics on this forum and a lot of then seem to be saying the same thing..."dev is done with the bionic" am I hearing wrong? Or is there some truth to this? Don't get me wrong, I'm glad any dev supported the bionic and I hope they keep supporting the bionic...I guess I just want to know why anyone would stop? Locked bootloader? Too many new high tier devices out at once?

On another note....i know I'm going to have this phone for another 16 months at least....so, is there anyone willing to team up with me and help make some mods that everyone who is going to have a bionic for awhile can enjoy? Let me know!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    57 times
    Phone
    Vzw Droid RAZR
    As far as I know and have seen, the Bionic has plenty of dev support. It is the RAZR that it's getting very little work right now. But only time will tell.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums
  4. Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    677 times
    Twitter
    @smalltownlife13
    Phone
    Note2, Maxx HD, S3, Nexus
    Premium Member
    There is some dev work happening but it has slowed with the release of the Gnex. I think we will still see things come our way but not at the rate we did at the time of release.

Good luck on your hacking endeavors, hopefully you get some takers to team up!

~it's not just a phone~
    Last edited by smalltowngirl13; 01-11-2012 at 09:41 AM.
    **Be yourself - Everyone else is already taken**

5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Twitter
    gmorgan056
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    STG is right, the GNEX is this generations original Droid. With the unlocked bootloader and ICS, Devs want to work with it. I think we'll see some devs come back once the excitement dies down a bit, but it might be a while.
    Rooted OG D1 running Liquid Gingerbread 2.6, Project Elite v6.5, Droid Concepts 12 and many more!
    Chevy No.1 Low V 1.1 Ghz Kernal

A Droid Bionic evolved into a Rezound which then evolved into a Nexus! Running whatever Rom I'm feeling for the day.

Questions about rooting: http://bit.ly/droot

Sent from my Nexus in a Galaxy far, far away...
  6. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Twitter
    BrandonLewis08
    Phone
    G-Nex, GS3
    Hopefully you're right!

7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Twitter
    1kamisan
    Phone
    D2VZW Verizon Galaxy SIII
    understandably a hard phone to work on, locked bootloader, data issues, etc. I have my bionic but often regretted rushing out to get it, now 901 and modded [k]in3tix and masturmynds theme it finally works like it should,, but I am a rom-o-holic and going through withdrawals.. ICS will be nice,but it stinks waiting for it,, even miui would be fun, weekly changes,, etc.. I feel for the devs though, they caught way to much flak for a poorly thought through phone.. Even the forums have been harsh on them and they do it for free or donations,, So we wait, either jump to another phone $$$$ or get off our butts and learn some android os coding, moto really screwed alot of people
    gmorgan056 likes this.
    You are given much only as a test- to see if you will give it away. Most people fail this test.
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Twitter
    gmorgan056
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by kamisan View Post
    understandably a hard phone to work on, locked bootloader, data issues, etc. I have my bionic but often regretted rushing out to get it, now 901 and modded [k]in3tix and masturmynds theme it finally works like it should,, but I am a rom-o-holic and going through withdrawals.. ICS will be nice,but it stinks waiting for it,, even miui would be fun, weekly changes,, etc.. I feel for the devs though, they caught way to much flak for a poorly thought through phone.. Even the forums have been harsh on them and they do it for free or donations,, So we wait, either jump to another phone $$$$ or get off our butts and learn some android os coding, moto really screwed alot of people
    Amen!!
    Rooted OG D1 running Liquid Gingerbread 2.6, Project Elite v6.5, Droid Concepts 12 and many more!
    Chevy No.1 Low V 1.1 Ghz Kernal

A Droid Bionic evolved into a Rezound which then evolved into a Nexus! Running whatever Rom I'm feeling for the day.

Questions about rooting: http://bit.ly/droot

Sent from my Nexus in a Galaxy far, far away...
  9. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Twitter
    BrandonLewis08
    Phone
    G-Nex, GS3
    Quote Originally Posted by kamisan View Post
    I totally agree....I'm starting to look into the coding....still in college for programming and this is definitely different than the programming I've studied, but I feel that if I can get the syntax and understand the language better that I can come up with something....its worth a try since ill have this phone for another 16 months.....definitely can't wait for ICS, I tried dhackers alpha and I love the look of it, and the features

Links