I am starting this as an all inclusive thread for updating your system to the latest .901 OTA and reflashing Th3ory's KIN3XT v1.0 fully compatible with the update. I have noticed a vast improvement in 3g connectivity and 4g connectivity. I have also noticed that it is a little more reliable when it comes to reestablishing a 3g connection after a phone call. It is still not working as well or tower switching as smoothly as the galaxy nexus though.
Thanks go to P3droid for the one click update and droidth3ory for the rom.
Okay, lets begin.... READ EVERYTHING EVEN IF YOU KNOW IT ALL ALREADY!!!!!
Insert standard disclaimer here: A lot of people are having trouble getting through this without problems. The good news is that problems are how we learn. Just be warned that this is not foolproof or for the short tempered faint of heart drama queen. Please take the time to read through the comments on the thread so that if you run into any of the problems already listed you will know right where to go.
I am not responsible for anything you do to your phone trying this unless its successful. I did no development here. I simply combined others work that was scattered all over the internet into one thread.
1. Download:MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service
2. extract files (this version includes the proper files to fix the error installing forever root so there is no need to change anything in the folders contents.)
3. Turn on phone if not already on. When on home screen move to step 4.
4. plug phone into computer
5. double click "runmebbb" in the extracted files. It will push the update files to your phones SD card.
6. When it finishes pushing files, manually shut down your device and boot into fastboot by pressing and releasing volume down and power. Press any key on computer to continue.
7. make sure when the phone reboots to little android guy and exclamation point, press both volume buttons to boot into stock recovery and make sure that you install both update files. One right after the other in the same recovery session then reboot. DO NOT SKIP ONE OR REBOOT BEFORE BOTH ARE INSTALLED. ALWAYS INSTALL BOTH IN ORDER.
8. Download: http://db.tt/RYZlANuA
9. install the modified KIN3XT the same way you would any other th3ory base rom. (Note: only the necessary files have been changed in this rom to make it compatible with the .901 baseband. You will notice after flashing the rom that when you check about phone it will still display system as .894. This is normal. You will still have the .901 kernel and radio.
-Wipe data, format system, wipe cache, and wipe dalvik.
-install .zip from sd card/choose .zip from sd card.
i am also including here the new wireless tether apk it works but i take no responsibility if you get busted with it.
-Download:MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service