DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 52 of 73 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: [K]IN3TX v1.0 |12/8/11|

1. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Yeah no links worked i tried all if them.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums
  2. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid BIONIC
  3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Hmm so there is a .901 now? Is this a leaked or another one that Verizon launched? Is this suppose to help with data? Any direct correlation with the data troubles yesterday?
  4. Developer Relations
    Member #
    Liked
    826 times
    Twitter
    guidot42
    Phone
    i605/i9250/i515/XT862/A855
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Zohsic View Post
    Tried to DL differ UI and links are dead.. Can you please look into that for me...
    Spoke with dhacker and they are in the process of switching servers right now. No ETA.

1.Need to Flash a ROM? - Flashing ROM - Best Practices
    2.How-To Setup a ROM/MOD/Theme Thread with prefix - Setup ROM/MOD/Theme Thread
    3.Guidelines of Conduct on Droidforums.net - Guidelines of Conduct
  5. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Quick noob question. You know the scrollable power toggles under the pulldown notification bar right next to the CLEAR button? The toggle that is farthest to the right. What is that?
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Quote Originally Posted by mars_ill;[URL="tel:1944759"
    1944759[/URL]]Quick noob question. You know the scrollable power toggles under the pulldown notification bar right next to the CLEAR button? The toggle that is farthest to the right. What is that?
    I think thats your data...I think im wrong. But I always have that and the one next to it on
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Twitter
    1kamisan
    Phone
    D2VZW Verizon Galaxy SIII
    Hmm so there is a .901 now? Is this a leaked or another one that Verizon launched? Is this suppose to help with data? Any direct correlation with the data troubles yesterday?
    901 was supposedly released in select markets. it is not a leak in the sense that 7.893 was. p3 files will upgrade you to 901 and you can downgrade back to 5.5 .893. to downgrade you do have to run a fix file to put 2 necessary files back in

if you install 901 make shore you for3v3r rooted prior! most of the major rom releases have also been modified to work with 901 but you have to download the modified version, the normal versions will crash otherwise
    What I noticed on my bionic with 901~ (you may not experience the same result)
    gps is stupid fast with 901. On 5.7.893 it would take a minute or more to lock on and navigate, I did not give 5.5.893 enough time to test but 901, you navigate and so far it has been instant.
    data is marginally better with 901. Verizon still has issues with 4g lte- but my phone does not appear to.
    3g to 4 g hand off also seems marginally better with 901 I did let 5.5.893 sit long enough to see that is't handoff was better than 5.7.893 but 901 seems (may be placebo affect) to be better.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums
    Last edited by kamisan; 12-30-2011 at 04:02 AM.
    You are given much only as a test- to see if you will give it away. Most people fail this test.
  8. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droids eris
    is there a way to edit the notification power widget? to me that is the most useful feature of a custom rom, but i don't see any way to shorten up the list and put the buttons in the order i want them
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Hey Kamisan, are you still able to run Kint3tx after upgrading to .901? If so, could I run Titanium Backup before I go back to stock to upgrade, then after I do the whole shin dig, reflash Kin3tx and then restore with Titanium?
  10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Twitter
    1kamisan
    Phone
    D2VZW Verizon Galaxy SIII
    Quote Originally Posted by Sadahiro View Post
    Hey Kamisan, are you still able to run Kint3tx after upgrading to .901? If so, could I run Titanium Backup before I go back to stock to upgrade, then after I do the whole shin dig, reflash Kin3tx and then restore with Titanium?
    Be careful what you restore with Tibu- So to answer your question sorta~ more detail- I would not restore any blur data, not any email etc- SMS sure, games sure, notepad office sure- do small batch restores do not try to lump it into one long restore. Personally I use AppExtractor, astro app restore and tibu,, If you restore the wrong thing youll know, it wont sync with facebook or will fail some odd authentication.
    What I did was this-
    P3 upgrade to 5.5.893 from 5.7.893 leak (did full reset)
    For3v3r root (had to use p3s one click to get initial root, did not work first go round)
    booted- waited, verified root was there-
    rebooted into stock recovery and ran the 901 update
    rebooted, checked root it was there. :-) happy day
    downloaded the modified kin3tx install files (some few files had to be 901 versions or you loop) used bionic bootstrapper to install
    followed standard install wipe data, cache, format system, advanced wipe dalvik, install reboot
    check root- manually apply the forever root method (its rooted but not forever anymore)
    then installed the blurr addon (though I use launcher pro paid version i still like the blurr stuff in gallery)
    rebooted then installed masturmynds hon3sc3am and so far its golden. GPS rocks- data holding, no loop or reboots.
    I even installed jrummys android overclock and underclock with profiles (use on demand not mothotplug) battery holds well with it all.

Restore wise- I used astro and it installed most apps that had not special data, appextractor (need to have u a backup first) and used that to restore sms, bluetooth, bookmarks (still not logins for facebook etc) then used tibu for games and some apps that are not market available. Again the tibu done in batches not one lump. This worked for me- and worked well. .
    Last edited by kamisan; 12-30-2011 at 04:25 PM.
    You are given much only as a test- to see if you will give it away. Most people fail this test.
Page 52 of 73 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast

Links