DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 50 of 73 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260 ... LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: [K]IN3TX v1.0 |12/8/11|

1. APK Multi-Tools
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Twitter
    raziel23x
    Phone
    MOTOROLA DROID RAZR
    DroidForums.net Developer
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dmullen1373 View Post
    Quick question regarding this rom. When I tether (and I pay $30 a freaking month for) my laptop and my girlfriend's laptop have difficulty connecting. And when and if they finally do, it works for say 5 min. Example: I start downloading a good sized file like iTunes just to test. It gets to about 40mb then the throughput just stops. The transfer rate progressively goes from about 500k/s to 0 and the file never finishes. Should I just go back to stock as I don't remember having this problem prior. And I used shifter for a month before and had the same issue. I use the tethering frequently and being that I pay for it, I obviously want it to work. Any ideas?

Thanks

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk
    There is a tether hack that bypasses threat which allows you to use the tethering without paying 30 a Month to use you're data plan I forget whet I found the guide but it requires sqlite editor which its a paid app on the market. If you like I can supply a guide

Your one stop APK Multi-Tool Editor for both LINUX and WINDOWS OS
    [OFFICIAL WEBSITE] | [WINDOWS OS] | [LINUX OS]
    Donations Are Welcome
    Motorola Droid RAZR CDMA XT912
    Main System: Rooted Stock
    Second System: STOCK-cm-10-20120930-UNOFFICIAL-spyder
    If you want to help with increasing my dropbox size Click here to signup for dropbox
  2. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Quote Originally Posted by dmullen1373 View Post
    Quick question regarding this rom. When I tether (and I pay $30 a freaking month for) my laptop and my girlfriend's laptop have difficulty connecting. And when and if they finally do, it works for say 5 min. Example: I start downloading a good sized file like iTunes just to test. It gets to about 40mb then the throughput just stops. The transfer rate progressively goes from about 500k/s to 0 and the file never finishes. Should I just go back to stock as I don't remember having this problem prior. And I used shifter for a month before and had the same issue. I use the tethering frequently and being that I pay for it, I obviously want it to work. Any ideas?

Thanks

I also pay the $30 per month tethering fee. I have used tethering for very large downloads and for all day usage with no problem. Both on this rom and the previous purity/deblurred roms. I'm not sure what the problem is, but I don't think it is the rom. Are you having any problem downloading files directly to your phone? Could it be a data issue or connection problem?
  3. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Quote Originally Posted by kenvp View Post
    I also pay the $30 per month tethering fee. I have used tethering for very large downloads and for all day usage with no problem. Both on this rom and the previous purity/deblurred roms. I'm not sure what the problem is, but I don't think it is the rom. Are you having any problem downloading files directly to your phone? Could it be a data issue or connection problem?
    I had very similar issues on my bionic. There were a few things that seemed to help that I found across the web:

1) Don't use open Mac connections. Go in and limit the devices to just your Mac addresses
    2) Change the Access Point sub net to 192.168.42.2 I think it was this article:
    http://androidforums.com/motorola-dr...-internet.html

3) Usually by this point once I've done the above and it still doesn't work. I turn off the hotspot disable my wireless adapter, turn on the hotspots wait a min or two, then enable the adapter. Eventually it would work and stay connected.

This was one of my biggest issues with the Bionic since I depended on the tether for work connectivity... I wish you the best of luck hope some combination if the above works for you!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums
    Last edited by terigox; 12-26-2011 at 12:31 PM.
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Okay so I had a quick question regarding Titanium Backup. I never really used it in the past because all my apps would automatically re-download onto my phone so that wasn't my issue, but the one thing that bugged me what that my home screen layout would not be saved. Now, if I was to Batch> Run Backup all User apps + System data and later reverted to that back up in Titanium by selecting Run missing apps + all system data, would that restore the layout of my home screen?

Hope someone knows about this!
  5. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    29 times
    Twitter
    benuti1
    Phone
    Bionic, Note2, Razr HD MAX X
    Quote Originally Posted by Sadahiro View Post
    Okay so I had a quick question regarding Titanium Backup. I never really used it in the past because all my apps would automatically re-download onto my phone so that wasn't my issue, but the one thing that bugged me what that my home screen layout would not be saved. Now, if I was to Batch> Run Backup all User apps + System data and later reverted to that back up in Titanium by selecting Run missing apps + all system data, would that restore the layout of my home screen?

Hope someone knows about this!
    not gonna happen you can take a scrren shot and then you have layout
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Quote Originally Posted by wooddale;[URL="tel:1937732"
    1937732[/URL]]not gonna happen you can take a scrren shot and then you have layout
    Darn. I hate having to redo everything lol
  7. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    13 times
    Twitter
    zachfromkansas
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Darn. I hate having to redo everything lol
    Or if you use any other launcher they all have layout backups you can restore.
    Sent from your mom's device through the control of my rooted Bionic.
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    15 times
    Phone
    lg revolution
    Will the built in mobile hotspot be charge to my verizon account?

Will it be used as my unlimited mobile data?

Do I need the monthly hotspot/tethering plan from verizon for it to work?

Can verizon find out if I use the hotspot without the tether plan?

Thanks in advance for your reply

Sorry for all the noob questions
    Last edited by bhp117; 12-27-2011 at 03:42 AM.
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Quote Originally Posted by Zregnier View Post
    Or if you use any other launcher they all have layout backups you can restore.
    Im using Go Launcher
  10. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    13 times
    Twitter
    zachfromkansas
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Im using Go Launcher
    Then go into preferences and back it up. You can restore your settings whenever you flash a new ROM and all you have to redo are the widgets.
    Sent from your mom's device through the control of my rooted Bionic.
Page 50 of 73 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260 ... LastLast

Links