DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Liberty battery life in droid bionic

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    37 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid Bionic
    Quote Originally Posted by RSC450 View Post
    Well I must be doing something wrong lol. I had to charge my phone 2 times today. I wiped stats after flashing Liberty 1.0 and I can't say my battery life has improved any but I love the ROM. I also have all my GPS etc..etc.. disabled and I do not run any Widgets except the Google search bar. Are you on. 886 or. 893? How do you like the new 2.0. I was thinking of flashing it but I am liking 1.0 besides the battery issue.
    How are you calibrating? I've never been a fan of the recovery method and I've had really good results with the app I mentioned. To answer your questions, I'm running the .893 baseband and kernal with the .886 build. I've been using liberty ROMS since the early D2 days and trust me, any time the have an incremental upgrade it's always worth it to upgrade. They are not like the devs that release updates for every little issue that pops up. More often than not, I'm running a test build/nightlie and have very few issues even in beta phase.

Also, sometimes you just need to let the ROM settle in for a few days. I don't know why, but battery life always seems to get better after a week or so.
    Last edited by nateohio; 11-30-2011 at 11:18 PM.
  2. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Hey, just posting a battery usage pic...
    I'm going to say this is light usage on my phone. (Texting, few phone calls, and a couple of youtube vids,and browsing web for a bit)

Phone is equipped with the extended battery, but the trick is turning of the data when not in use. I only turned it on when I needed it, like checking email/watching YouTube/browsing web).

As you can see Bionic + Liberty + Extended Battery = Amazingly Awesome Results!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Liberty battery life in droid bionic-uploadfromtaptalk1322894049187.png  
  3. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Brahionic
    ^he’s got it right. turning off the data is a huge deal. i got a day and 7 hours off a charge on the regular battery with moderate-light usage
  4. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    I had the original droid and rooted for better performance. I am now in my 4th month with the Bionic, extended battery and have not rooted since i go a day with one charge. If ICS doesn't come soon I may get impatient and root. : )

Sent from my DROID BIONIC
  5. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic

battery calibration app.

I know someone already mentioned this but i was having the same problem, but as soon as i charged my phone to 100% then used the battery calibration app then unplugged my bionic my phone lasted for about a day and a half of light usage. I am also running on .901 so that might help as well. Also when i flash a rom i usually let it sit for about 15 min. before i even touch it, somehow it helps a lot. hope this helps you.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links