DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Facebook no sync option...

1. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Droid

Facebook no sync option...

As title states...using Purity latest and I have no option to sync contacts with facebook. Is there a known workaround?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums
    BB v1.1 Adam's Smoked Glass- P3Droid LV 1Ghz ADW-Launcher
  2. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Twitter
    1kamisan
    Phone
    D2VZW Verizon Galaxy SIII

Facebook sync

Google and FB both removed this feature- google it and its all over, custom roms often re include it, my moto blur does it but you cant select any features like sync all etc...
    https://market.android.com/details?i...tifyFree&hl=en friendcaster app will let you sync also- it has not been removed from the market ......... yet ;-)
    yeah its a facebook replacement app,, but on my blurry th3ory bionic I have to choose facebook or friendcaster as my facbook app in the messaging apps section (I.E. I had to not be using the one to use the other).
    if your logged into Google that link should have the option to install from the web directly to your android device, if you have multiple you can select the one you want, click install and your phone will get it automatically, regardless of the 'My apps' issue.

Quote Originally Posted by GohanBurner View Post
    Motoblur has its own facebook sync feature. Thus, the Facebook app itself proves useless and is removed.

However, if you are running a ROM (I am running Liberty ROM on my Bionic), since Motoblur has been removed, you can download the Facebook app and you will see the sync options returned.
    Built in sync works great if you are running any blurry rom or a rom that has aspects of blur available such as liberty does, running the "purity" rom which is pure open source i.e. not blur does not have the blur sync integration. thus the friendcaster app solution. Once you get used to it , it really is a pretty decent replacement to the normal facebook app. Another solution is to find an older version of facebook prior to google forcing sync to be removed.. This really is a google control issue. Just as the market issues are. They come out open source etc.. but inside are not to far from apple in the desire to have the final word on what is allowed and not..
    Last edited by kamisan; 11-24-2011 at 08:45 AM. Reason: details. details. details.
    You are given much only as a test- to see if you will give it away. Most people fail this test.
  3. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by kamisan View Post
    Google and FB both removed this feature- google it and its all over, custom roms often re include it, my moto blur does it but you cant select any features like sync all etc...
    https://market.android.com/details?i...tifyFree&hl=en friendcaster app will let you sync also- it has not been removed from the market ......... yet ;-)
    yeah its a facebook replacement app,, but on my blurry th3ory bionic I have to choose facebook or friendcaster as my facbook app in the messaging apps section (I.E. I had to not be using the one to use the other).
    if your logged into Google that link should have the option to install from the web directly to your android device, if you have multiple you can select the one you want, click install and your phone will get it automatically, regardless of the 'My apps' issue.
    Very much appreciated my friend...friendcaster worked like a charm!

4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Phone
    Google Galaxy Nexus
    Motoblur has its own facebook sync feature. Thus, the Facebook app itself proves useless and is removed.

However, if you are running a ROM (I am running Liberty ROM on my Bionic), since Motoblur has been removed, you can download the Facebook app and you will see the sync options returned.
  5. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by GohanBurner View Post

This doesn't work...no option to sync from the market version. Friendcaster worked fine though.

6. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    DROID RAZR
    Quote Originally Posted by powerwagon View Post
    This doesn't work...no option to sync from the market version. Friendcaster worked fine though.
    Same here! I'd like to see this feature, though.
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    Is it me or does Friendcaster's high resolution contact sync not sync high resolution at all?
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    53 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S3
    I'm a little late to the party.. I was able to sync ALL of my Facebook contacts. Go into settings>accounts>add account. Once you add the Facebook account the syncing options will pop up.

Hell on Heels
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Twitter
    1kamisan
    Phone
    Quote Originally Posted by debrad0307 View Post
    I'm a little late to the party.. I was able to sync ALL of my Facebook contacts. Go into settings>accounts>add account. Once you add the Facebook account the syncing options will pop up.

that works if you have that portion of blur on your rom. blurrless systems that doesn't work. facebook apk. had to remove sync feature. so ur left with blur method or friendcaster. either will sync.

You are given much only as a test- to see if you will give it away. Most people fail this test.
  10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Twitter
    1kamisan
    Phone
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaneathan View Post
    Is it me or does Friendcaster's high resolution contact sync not sync high resolution at all?
    I agree hi res is a bit of a joke

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links