DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 6 of 23 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: Easy Root for Bionic Stock 4.1.2 (Jelly Bean)

1. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    droid

Where do u find the remote storage? on the virtual box program or in the phone settings..the directions seem easy but im hung up at this point..
  2. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Bionic

Oracle Does Not Find my Phone

I have followed the directions exactly, when I plug in my phone, Oracle does not find my phone. The files are confirmed shared to SMB, I get the not running. starting it now on port 5037. then it says please plug in your phone or troubleshoot your VirtualBox USB connectivity. In the device pull down, I see the phone, but it does not find it. Any advice? I've been rooting since the beginning, this one has caused me quite a bit of trouble:
  3. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    I've updated the .ova file again. See the original post for the new link and release notes.
  4. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Try the newest release that I just posted. Re-download it, re-import it and see if you have better luck.

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2403 View Post

Where do u find the remote storage? on the virtual box program or in the phone settings..the directions seem easy but im hung up at this point..
  5. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    2 things: In that device pulldown, make sure it has a check mark beside of it. If it doesn't, then click on the device and see if it will connect. If that doesn't work, try plugging into different USB ports on your PC until it does connect. I have seen similar issues before.

Quote Originally Posted by Jfulton View Post
    I have followed the directions exactly, when I plug in my phone, Oracle does not find my phone. The files are confirmed shared to SMB, I get the not running. starting it now on port 5037. then it says please plug in your phone or troubleshoot your VirtualBox USB connectivity. In the device pull down, I see the phone, but it does not find it. Any advice? I've been rooting since the beginning, this one has caused me quite a bit of trouble:
  6. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Marty thanks for all the hard work and trying to figure out all of our issues.

Im going to try again tomorrow the 3rd update file for today to test before i post a please help me post again, the 2nd update file for today that showed instructions about pushing the volume up down or power button and i still received the same results, i get to that point and press one of the buttons and my phone doesnt reboot.

Ill try again tomorrow like i said, but i cant seem to figure out what i am doing wrong. And i am positive i am following the directions to a T.
  7. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Hopefully the 3rd update will work for you. I made a change to the script that may help your situation. Please try it and let me know if you have better luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Hotphyer View Post
    Marty thanks for all the hard work and trying to figure out all of our issues.

Im going to try again tomorrow the 3rd update file for today to test before i post a please help me post again, the 2nd update file for today that showed instructions about pushing the volume up down or power button and i still received the same results, i get to that point and press one of the buttons and my phone doesnt reboot.

Ill try again tomorrow like i said, but i cant seem to figure out what i am doing wrong. And i am positive i am following the directions to a T.
  8. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Hey again, I've been looking at all the posts and manually started the pwn file using "/storage/rfs0/pwn 1" but it comes up with the error "Failed to find pid". Not quite sure what to do from here :/
  9. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    I don't have any advice for you. Download the latest update and keep trying...

Quote Originally Posted by swagramp View Post
    Hey again, I've been looking at all the posts and manually started the pwn file using "/storage/rfs0/pwn 1" but it comes up with the error "Failed to find pid". Not quite sure what to do from here :/
  10. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Bionic
    Quote Originally Posted by lfegerber View Post
    Hi All...I seem to have the same problem as the picture below. It states that /system/bin/sh not found. My phone never rebooted when it says "your phone may appear to reboot"
    [QUOTE

=shhendri;2419783]
    I had it look in the remote storage folder. Just look at the code written in the last picture and follow it.
Page 6 of 23 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast

Links