DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: Easy Root for Bionic Stock 4.1.2 (Jelly Bean)

1. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Bionic
    Quote Originally Posted by zebo51 View Post
    It is telling me invalid IP address. I go into settings and network is set to Bridged Adapter and under name I have my network adapter selected "Broadcom NetXtreme 57xx Gig Controller. Under advanced the adapter type is set to Intel Pro/1000MT Desktop 82540OEM. Promisc mode is allow all. Any ideas?

Thanks
    Got it working, changed to PCnet-FAST III and it got an ip.

Now it is just sitting at *daemon started successfully*. Does this step take awhile or am I suppose to do something?

Thanks
  2. Junior Droid
    Member #
    UPDATE: Mission (root) accomplished! Changed the network adapter to VB Host Only and PCnet-FastIII, et voila! Root status verified by Root Checker Basic. Thanks, Marty!
  3. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Bionic
    Got it working, changed to PCnet-FAST III and it got an ip.

Now it is just sitting at *daemon started successfully*. Does this step take awhile or am I suppose to do something?

Thanks
    Successfully rooted. Just rebooted my PC and things went smoothly. Thanks for all your work and sharing it.
  4. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Thanks so much for this technique. I've never rooted before, and I decided to give it a go, and it worked like a charm. You sir, are a prince among men.

From that you might well correctly infer that I'm a root noob. I am indeed. I've been trying to figure out what to do next, basically. Scouring forums as best I can, I have downloaded and installed a couple of things. ROM Manager and Safe Strap, for example. But I honestly don't know how I'm supposed to try out different ROMs. Most of the posts I see are old, and I just don't know if I can rely on them. I've also seen posts suggesting that there's only one ROM available now for bionic on JB 4.1.2. I am a little afraid of borking the whole thing by doing something based on old information that I can't follow anymore. Maybe I should have started a new thread, and if so, perhaps a kind mod can move this. I'm just looking for some basic advice about how to actually take advantage of root. Some links to things I can rely on? Anything. I get that I'm asking stuff that probably everybody here knows, and for that I apologize. I sincerely have tried to figure it out, but I'm just not reaching the comfort level of understanding that I'd like.

So any pointers, tips, anything, would be immensely appreciated. I think I've backed up my stock ROM. I don't think I've done any partitioning. If there's some old ICS root post that walks me through how to do stuff and I can rely on it even tho I'm JB now, that's great. Nobody needs to reinvent the wheel! But some words of advice would be greatly appreciated. I don't know if the site allows PMs, but if so, feel free to PM me. I have the whole night to mess around with this, and I'm really hoping to have some fun.

Thanks, and again sorry for the noobster post. And thanks again and again to the OP who posted the awesomely easy root technique.
  5. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid A855
    If something goes wrong is there an FXZ file out there to run RSD?
  6. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Motorola Bionic
    Been trying without success, but today I got as far as daemon started successfully. Message on phone says "loading" but nothing is happening. the command screen went blank after about 5 minutes. How long does it take for this to load? or has something gone wrong?
    Last edited by cervri; 05-12-2013 at 04:28 PM.
  7. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Motorola Bionic

Question

Successfully rooted. Just rebooted my PC and things went smoothly. Thanks for all your work and sharing it.
    How long did you have to wait for daemon? What else did you do? Having the same problem.
  8. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Bionic
    Quote Originally Posted by cervri View Post
    How long did you have to wait for daemon? What else did you do? Having the same problem.
    Not long, it kicked off within a second. I didn't do anything else besides with the prompts said. Good luck.
  9. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Motorola Bionic
    Not long, it kicked off within a second. I didn't do anything else besides with the prompts said. Good luck.
    Thank you for the reply...After trying this countless times I decided to change USB ports. I have a Toshiba P755 laptop and was using the USB port on the left side. Moved to the right front port and wala done deal, I am rooted....Gracias Senior.
  10. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    ~Marty,

Finally got mine working, not sure what the problem was- perhaps updating VB resolved whatever unseen tweaks I had enacted =)

However, I'm having one strange issue- whenever I reboot, my Notification sound effects are forgotten [though easily adjusted]. Any idea what's up with that? I use files saved on my SD card for my ringtone/text message notification, only oddity I can think of.
Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Links