DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: About rooting Droid Bionic

1. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    60 times
    Twitter
    __WatchMeTweet
    Phone
    Motorola Droid Bionic
    And then what?
  2. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid A855
    Quote Originally Posted by DevilDogMP View Post
    So I'm rooted right now with safe strap and running a rom. What are the steps to keep root and accept ota update?
    well, man, there are a couple of caviats to understand/avoid. First and foremost an OTA will always fail if youre running safestrap or a custom recovery. Also, if anything has been removed, the OTA will fail. Some users reported freezing bloatware caused failure to update to the ICS leak. In my opinion, the best practice is to FXZ, reroot, *update suoeruser binary*, install Voodoo OTA Rootkeeper, protect root, then do Temporary unroot also via OTA rootkeeper. Then you have to wait bloated and unrooted. It sucks because safestrap is badass. BUT it sucks to get into stock recovery, flash the ota, and get a message that says "error update failed status 7". I use an old windows xp computer for fxz's. I personally use RSD LITE 5.8, moto helper drivers, and motorola device manager. The fxz for .246 is around all over the place. Motorola device manager is available on their website. Fxz will erase everything but your external, removable sd card. Good luck and make a backup in safestrap before you do anything.
  3. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    60 times
    Twitter
    __WatchMeTweet
    Phone
    Motorola Droid Bionic
    Quote Originally Posted by kitcostantino View Post
    well, man, there are a couple of caviats to understand/avoid. First and foremost an OTA will always fail if youre running safestrap or a custom recovery. Also, if anything has been removed, the OTA will fail. Some users reported freezing bloatware caused failure to update to the ICS leak. In my opinion, the best practice is to FXZ, reroot, *update suoeruser binary*, install Voodoo OTA Rootkeeper, protect root, then do Temporary unroot also via OTA rootkeeper. Then you have to wait bloated and unrooted. It sucks because safestrap is badass. BUT it sucks to get into stock recovery, flash the ota, and get a message that says "error update failed status 7". I use an old windows xp computer for fxz's. I personally use RSD LITE 5.8, moto helper drivers, and motorola device manager. The fxz for .246 is around all over the place. Motorola device manager is available on their website. Fxz will erase everything but your external, removable sd card. Good luck and make a backup in safestrap before you do anything.
    Too much work haha I'm just gonna fxz back to 246 and stay stock and hope the make root for bionic on jb. Thanks though
  4. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid A855
    Man, backing up your sd and fxz'ing is 80% of the way there. I use motofail-ics to root (5 min maybe) and voodoo ota actions take less than a minuite. Im sure djrbliss will have it rooted on no time, though, he's the f#$%&$ man, your choice though, dude.
  5. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    60 times
    Twitter
    __WatchMeTweet
    Phone
    Motorola Droid Bionic
    Quote Originally Posted by kitcostantino View Post
    Man, backing up your sd and fxz'ing is 80% of the way there. I use motofail-ics to root (5 min maybe) and voodoo ota actions take less than a minuite. Im sure djrbliss will have it rooted on no time, though, he's the f#$%&$ man, your choice though, dude.
    Thanks browski. I have drivers on my computer that puts 905 back on from ginger bread. Ofcourse that's gonna brick so I am gonna delete all drivers from computer and redownload them
  6. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    60 times
    Twitter
    __WatchMeTweet
    Phone
    Motorola Droid Bionic
    Finally back on stock !!
  7. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Rooted Samsung Galaxy Note II
    I have searched the net for 64bit Motorola drivers, and everywhere I go the site says they've been taken down, where can I find them? I've also gone straight to Moto website, but could never be certain that was what I wanted because it just doesn't say. Someone have a Dropbox they can put them on for me? *frustrated*
    Rooted Galaxy Note II
    Eclipse ROM
  8. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid Bionic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links