DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Factory Bionic Stock ROM ICS 4.0.4

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Thanks, that clarified quite a bit.
    Im in my stock rom (ICS 4.0.4) and something occured to me.
    1. With all the apps having to be reinstalled to each "slot"/rom, it's kind of pointless to have anything less than 3gb per slot...
    I checked my storage capacity while in the stock rom for the internal storage, it says it's total is 16gb, but only 2.97gb is "available. The only slot I have created and installed into is CyanogenMod 10.1 +gapps into slot 1. I recreated the slot last night with 3gb shortly after my last post last night. I didn't want to have to keep rebooting between CGM and Stock to get to my apps. but with how it is now, I cant even install another slot, only Stock and 1 Slot. I MUST be missing something. I mean, if you do have to toggle/reboot between slots/roms to be able to access and use all the apps that you normally use... thats... Ive just gotta be missing something. I really really want these roms so I can use the customization, like allocating app shortcuts to lock screen swipes... epic. But if the Slot doesn't even have the room to install all the apps I want, then it kind of limits or outright defeats the purpose of the rom, i think... This is all just thinking out loud and sharing my understanding of things and hoping Im wrong. Sry.
    Last edited by varxtis; 04-01-2013 at 11:26 PM.
  2. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic XT875
    You may have misunderstood some where along the line. Only need 1GB for Rom slots. No more.
    Once you have install your apps from Google in your in your New "virgin" rom and set up your custom ROM the way you want.. As if your phone was brand new.
    The next time you flash your Cyanogenmod will look as it did the first time you set it up.
    You are wasting space with 3GB...look at example #1
    The 1GB is for the installation if your ROM Only.
    Your Apps memory space is stored elsewhere. Not sure how you "used" up1GB.
    The rebooting to stock ROM is if you dont see your files is safestrap install section. Like your nightly downloads or you Gapps. It has nothing to do with your Apps.
    The very First time you install your 1GB ROM slot and Install your CyanogenMod wipe and then gapps.
    Reboot...you should be prompted to sign into gmail etc at some point. After, open play store/ market. Your apps should auto download from play store.
    The next time you flash and upadate( same way you installed the first time..flash rom/wipe/flash gapps) Your apps will be there still there . It will say updating apps after reboot.
    Also Don't try to flash a Custom Rom to your stock ROM or install a Custom Rom backup. You may brick your phone.
    Don't try to flash Any Custom ROM is Stock Roms Slot ever.
    Monster Bionic!!!
    Last edited by Fadtydawg; 04-02-2013 at 01:51 PM.
  3. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    I think I may have figured out what I did wrong...
    first and foremost a lack of patience on my part. Last night i read through every post, watched every video, and tried to get every detail we talked about. And the mistake I made was just stupid... I "wiped" after installing Cyanogen, AND after installing Gapps ^_^' sry. I realized I was only supposed to "wipe" after installing the rom.
    Im hoping thats all it was. Haven't had much opportunity to mess around with it today. But Im anxious to look for themes and see what each rom can do.
    Fadtydawg likes this.
  4. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic XT875
    Also if you factory wipe...it will reset Rom to new again. Remember only to wipe after flashing ROM. Happy Flashing.
    Here is Ubuntu touch link.... https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Touch/Devices/targa

Use with.... http://goo.im/devs/Hashcode/targa/ub...2-cm_targa.zip

Or.....

You can download these quick links and flash these 2 Ubuntu files...same a regular custom ROM installation.

#1. Flash 1st.. http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/ubuntu-tou...blet-armhf.zip

Wipe cache/davik

#2. Flash 2nd... Image.. http://goo.im/devs/Hashcode/targa/ub...2-cm_targa.zip

REBOOT....No Gapps Required

Remember RomSlot-4 only! 2GB partition size.
    Just flash those 2 files...no Gapps Required!!!!
    Ubuntu Touch Rom is a Preview of Ubuntu for Developers to test. They so far have camera working , WiFi, Facebook, twitter. Phone not working or texts or apps. Have fun with it and check out the future of Ubuntu Touch Phone.
    Monster Bionic!!!
    Last edited by Fadtydawg; 04-12-2013 at 09:32 AM.
  5. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic XT875
    Its Alot of information to take in at Once in a short time. Good luck and Enjoy.

Side note: Im trying out Pacman now....

Well I liked the pie feature but a lot of the print was really small. OK ROM
    Here is the link to the Rom
    http://androidhosting.org/Devs/BkJol...325-170653.zip

Also just tried out Avatar ROM...
    https://s3.amazonaws.com/AvatarRom/J...0326_targa.zip
    RomSlot-1 ONLY!!!

I don't care for this one too much!
    Monster Bionic!!!
    Last edited by Fadtydawg; 04-02-2013 at 06:29 PM.
  6. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Okay, Im sorry to be of trouble one more time... but Im seriously confused about something regarding the internal Storage. Since I kinda understand how to install the roms, I wanted to start with a clean slate one more time, so I did a fast boot using RSDLite. Remember how I was saying that I had an enternal memory of 16gb? and that out of that only 2.something remained? well after fast bootiing, the phone was still plugged in and as usual the computer automatically recognized both the internal (or what I assume is the internal storage) and the external SD card.
    Here is what the phone shows as remaining of the Internal Storage and then what the Computer shows as the internal storage remaining.Factory Bionic Stock ROM ICS 4.0.4-internal-storage-pic-pc.jpgFactory Bionic Stock ROM ICS 4.0.4-internal-storage-pic-phone.jpg
    As you can see, the phone shows a total internal storage of 16GB with only 3.66gb remaining.
    But the computer recognizes the total internal storage being 8GB with pretty much 8gb remaining.
    Do you have any suggestions or ideas why the discrepancy? Did I do something else wrong?
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Phone
    D3, D1, XOOM
    Yes, 3.66gb for APPS. If you scroll down further you'll see internal/SD (mnt/sdcard) with the rest of your storage space for music, pics, etc. That is the remainder of your internal 16gb (which is about 8gb).

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by pistacio; 04-02-2013 at 08:02 PM.
  8. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    So the rom slots i install... are those installed using the 3.66 or the 8? I assume the 8 since theres 4 1gb slots that can be created. But id appreciate confirmation, or correction/clarification. Sry again for the trouble.
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Phone
    D3, D1, XOOM
    The rom slots will use the 8gb portion, that is your internal memory where the slots are stored. Safe strap does not use the external micro SD card.

If you go into safe strap, create an empty slot without flashing anything (leave it empty). Boot back into stock and you will see the 8gb is now less in size.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
  10. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Ok, gotcha. Thank you very much
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Links