dfcfu, if you read the last sentence of the op then you would realize thats not the issue, its what doonser said.
I reread it and I understand now it just wasn't as clear in the OP. I cannot add groups to home either I didn't even know it was an option until I read this. It says shortcut created but nothing ever actually happens. Perhaps Moto doesn't even know.
I've been using the app stacking method and it works well for me and is an alternative until adding groups to home is fixed.
I thought it was pretty clear but ok. It does work fine but only if there are 16 apps. In some ways it's much better but it's still a glitch. Personally I'm finding ICS to be a bit glitchy, app freezes and delays to open things. I might do a FDR but only if it gets really intolerable.
Maybe you should've used HoB...I had one minor problem with my sound which was remedied by wiping the data and cache. My system runs flawlessly.Originally Posted by jk12475
Solved. I broke down and called Verizon. After 2 reps who didn't really know what I was talking about, I was forwarded to Motorola (it took a while for him to understand too...he thought I wanted to create a folder of contacts on the Home screen. Truly a game of "telephone"). The upshot is: although the Apps app lists an option to save a group to the Home screen, this item has no functionality. The only way to get my "Groups" back is to recreate them. This isn't that hard after all, and in the time I spent on the phone I could have done it.
1. Navigate to the Home screen you want the Group on (hereafter called "Folder").
2. Open the Apps app.
3. From the drop-down menu on the left, open the old Group (e.g. "Media" or "News" etc. on my phone). Press and hold the first App icon.
4. The Home screen opens up. Drop the app icon there.
5. Repeat 1-3. Drop the 2nd icon on the 1st. It creates a Folder.
6. Keep doing this until all your apps in the old Group are in the new Folder.
7. You can rename the new Folder at any time. Long press on the "Untitled" name at the bottom and rename it.
8. Once your new folders are set up you can delete the old Groups using the "Delete Group" in the Apps screen. That function works!
I don't know why they included an option to save the group to the Home screen if it doesn't work. I asked the Motorola rep to pass that along to developers, but from the sound of the snort he made, I doubt that's going to happen.