A factory reset has allowed my Bionic to be rooted on ICS 232. Hope this helps anyone who comes across this issue.
Ok, so I kind of derailed another thread trying to get this figured out. I've tried a bunch of stuff, so here goes the list of events; I will attempt to provide all relevant info:
Well, I guess thats my situation, not sure if anyone knows anything.
- Received refurbished bionic from verizon, running .902 in mid july
- updated to .905, left phone completely stock in the wake of the ics leak buzz
- finally installed ICS .232 on aug 17, fell in love
- attempted to root, to no avail.
- I have most recent drivers installed, 5.9.
- Using factory cable with moto logo on it, same cable I've always used
- Enabled usb debugging, checked allow unknown sources, put phone in mtp mode when plugged in
- Restarted machine before running razrs edge, which is extracted on my desktop
- razrs edge runs, says waiting for device, then daemon not running starting now, then daemon started successfully. Then it just sits there
- I had read that going back to gb and reinstalling ICS may help, so in that process I discovered that RSD lite doesn't even recognize my phone when I put in fastboot mode. I had previously done all this with a different Bionic, using the same computer and same cable and everything. I'm not sure if the phone is having issues or my computer, but clearly the two are not communicating properly
- Windows recognized the phone in all three usb modes in ICS