DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: My droid bionic won't root

1. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    455 times
    Phone
    Razr Maxx
    Premium Member
    if you have latest drivers, good connection , usb debugging enabled you should be good to go.. you may if you have have any security locking (pin lock or gestures) take them off i dont think it will make a difference but you never know.. what OS are you running on computer?
    "The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?"

Razr maxx
  2. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Try going into the stock recovery and wiping the cache. Also, are you using a motorola branded cable? Sometimes you can have problems using other usb cables.
    justin82 likes this.
  3. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid bionic
    Google Bionic Roms and there will be a sub heading under XDA that has "Liquid ICS" this link has the step by step process on it with all the file links needed to achieve the results that you are looking for.
    I originally had the same issues.
    If you aren't trying to do the ICS, which I must say since I installed it with the "Liquid ROM" I have never been happier.
  4. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    android bionic
    Try going into the stock recovery and wiping the cache. Also, are you using a motorola branded cable? Sometimes you can have problems using other usb cables.
    • I have the same usb cord that came with my phone but how do i go into stock recovery and wipe the cache
  5. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    android bionic

My droid bionic won't root

linuxgator Try going into the stock recovery and wiping the cache. Also, are you using a motorola branded cable? Sometimes you can have problems using other usb cables.

I have the same usb cord that came with my phone but how do i go into stock recovery and wipe the cache
  6. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    android bionic

jickracer007 Google Bionic Roms and there will be a sub heading under XDA that has "Liquid ICS" this link has the step by step process on it with all the file links needed to achieve the results that you are looking for.
    I originally had the same issues.
    If you aren't trying to do the ICS, which I must say since I installed it with the "Liquid ROM" I have never been happier.

Thanks I'll try that asap, that's basicly what I'm trying to do. i want the ICS leak but i want to be rooted also.
  7. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    android bionic

i have windows 7
  8. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Phone
    motorola droid bionic
    You able to get root yet?

Rooted Moto Droid Bionic
    Running: ICS 6.7.246
    With Apex Launcher

Get dropbox i need more space:
    http://db.tt/rhMQYz60
  9. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Dallas, Lone Star Republic, North America, Terra
    Liked
    56 times
    Twitter
    @Pat_Droid
    Phone
    Bionic, Razr M, Moto X
    I mean, If it's 905 and if motofail has access to your filesystem with the proper permissions (debug and unknown sources which are in effect passwordless SU privilege accounts, like "power" on an old SCO box or "nobody" on solaris 4 if you know your historic hacks and the CERT write ups of them) your phone has no choice but to root. Older drivers (like the 893 and 902 drivers) are obsolete, they changed not too long ago, about the time the ICS leaks starting dropping. Device manager 2.2.28 is the latest motorola package (32 bit), I updated Saturday morning because I was refreshing and updating all the phone tools on my PC. I'm thinking you need to uninstall that moto end user whatever it is you've got (name and version number don't look at all right for the device manager package?) and go see if you can search moto for Device Manager 2.2.28 64 bit You might Start Here.
    Last edited by altspeed; 08-21-2012 at 07:47 PM. Reason: new info
  10. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Quote Originally Posted by derikogreen View Post
    linuxgator Try going into the stock recovery and wiping the cache. Also, are you using a motorola branded cable? Sometimes you can have problems using other usb cables.

I have the same usb cord that came with my phone but how do i go into stock recovery and wipe the cache
    To get to stock recovery, power down the phone. Then hold both the volume up and volume down keys simultaneously while powering on the phone. A boot mode selection menu will appear, and you use the volume down key to highlight Recovery, then the volume up key to select it. After a few seconds, a triangle should show up, at which point, press both volume keys again, and it should take you to the recovery menu. From the recovery menu, you use the volume up and down arrows to scroll, and the power button to select. Scroll down to wipe cache partition, and select that. After that, scroll to reboot system now, and try rooting. If that doesn't work, you may want to try a factory data reset, which will delete all of your data so try that as a last resort.
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Links