DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 69 of 331 FirstFirst ... 1959676869707179119169 ... LastLast
Like Tree151Likes

Thread: Downgrade to 902 - No app or data loss

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Bionic

Downgrade for a noob

Quick question... I am thinking about trying to make the jump to ics on my bionic...and am trying to get started on that... but I want to be able to get back to where I started from, just in case. Is Samuri's method fairly safe? I've never rooted or messed around with my phone at all, just starting to try to get my feet wet with all of this, but want a way back just in case. I have already downloaded all the files I would need from the beginning of this post as well... Thanks in advance =)
  2. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Alright.. I've heard all this talk of wiping cache... What does it actually do?
  3. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Twitter
    @DarthShawner
    Phone
    VZW Galaxy S4
    Quote Originally Posted by bambamsnots80 View Post
    Quick question... I am thinking about trying to make the jump to ics on my bionic...and am trying to get started on that... but I want to be able to get back to where I started from, just in case. Is Samuri's method fairly safe? I've never rooted or messed around with my phone at all, just starting to try to get my feet wet with all of this, but want a way back just in case. I have already downloaded all the files I would need from the beginning of this post as well... Thanks in advance =)
    The way back if this fails would be a full FXZ back to .902. You would lose all of your apps and data, but it is a way back to a functional phone again.

I wouldn't be too worried though. If you follow the instructions, pay attention and be patient (it can take several minutes for things to happen), you should not have any issues.
  4. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    og droid, droid bionic, xoom
    Can someone check to see if you need to sign up for an account with this link. I have a choice of 2 links when I set it up and it I can't tell which one you don't need to sign up form to get it since I am already signed in.
    SamuriHL_HouseOfBionic.v2.w6.7.232.7z - 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download - Dan Fibkins

N
    ever mind tested it myself and you still need to sign up. At least it is free to sign up and you get 15gbs of storage with it.
    Last edited by dfib; 07-11-2012 at 04:53 PM.
    Some days you're the dog and some days you are the hydrant.

What ever my advice is, you follow it at your own risk.
  5. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    321 times
    Phone
    Bionic
    DroidForums.net Developer
    Quote Originally Posted by bambamsnots80 View Post
    I want to reiterate something I've said numerous times but want to be very clear about. This script is NOT for someone to use to go back to a gingerbread build while keeping data. If you are on ICS, you are staying on ICS unless you do a full FXZ back to 902 which will wipe all data. The system data and some apps in ICS are NOT compatible with gingerbread and you will end up with a non-working phone if you try it. This script is for those who want to move to a new ICS build while retaining data. The downgrade to 902 and 905 are temporary and are never booted into during this process. Therefore the data is never touched by a gingerbread build when moving from one ICS build to another. That's what makes this script so handy. But it should NEVER be used to try to downgrade your phone to a gingerbread build. It wasn't designed for that.
  6. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    321 times
    Phone
    Bionic
    I just got back from a 12 hour work day so I'll add the new links and torrent to the OP when I get a few minutes. Thanks for posting them!
  7. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Bionic
    Just ran the script and everything worked great! Upgraded from 2233 without losing any data and much faster than FXZ back to 902 and then update. Thanks much!
  8. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    321 times
    Phone
    Bionic
    Are people generally liking the new menu system I put in?
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Droid X
    Quote Originally Posted by SamuriHL View Post
    Are people generally liking the new menu system I put in?
    Don't know...i ran the first script just fine :-)

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
  10. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Bionic & Motorola Xoom4G
    Hey I have a question. Can we use the full or lite versions with any new Bionic ICS leaks? Couldnt we just go into the updates folder of the Samurai and put a newer version of a Bionic leak and delete the 232 one? Or is this limited to just the 232? If it is limited, can it be updated so that we can put any ics leak into the updates folder? Thanks.

Links