DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 316 of 331 FirstFirst ... 216266306314315316317318326 ... LastLast
Results 3,151 to 3,160 of 3303
Like Tree151Likes

Thread: Downgrade to 902 - No app or data loss

1. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    2291 times
    Phone
    DROID MAXX XT1080!
    Premium Member
    I wish to make an announcement to the group on this thread.

There have at times been heated exchanges, commentary that was uncalled for, slurs that were tossed back and forth and generally a lack of respect and decency among some. I am not pointing any fingers, but some of you know who you are, and some of you who are in our crosshairs believe you can do no wrong. I am here to tell you that you are ALL subject to the same forum rules, whether newbies, experienced, veterans, developers, tweakers, hackers, themers, whatever the case.

This forum is a Family Friendly forum and we will not tolerate such rude and inappropriate exchanges. We (several SMods & Moderators) have had to come into this thread on many occasions and "clean up" the "messes" left behind, like cleaning up after a dog in the yard. I for one do not enjoy this and I can safely say that the other Moderators feel the same way.

I am sure you have seen posts that have been deleted, and in some cases the reason listed was somewhat vague, but the fact remains that if it was deleted by a Moderator, it's because it should never have been posted to begin with. I also believe some of you may have witnessed some of these exchanges. Again, we're all intelligent and aware enough here to know what is appropriate and what is not.

So to close, let's try to be civil toward each other and keep the discussions to constructive criticism and worst, and more leaning towards constructive enhancement instead. If things get out of control, we may be forced to close the thread and/or give some of you "vacations" for a while so you can cool down. Please don't force us to do so.

Thank you.

"Professor FoxKat"
    "Saving DROID Razr's, one battery at a time. :-)" - (credit SallyC)
    Avatar is Maxwell Smart, AKA Agent 86, from "Get Smart" (with his signature "Shoe Phone"), a SitCom TV series by Mel Brooks & Buck Henry, based on the spy thriller series, "The Man From U.N.C.L.E.".
    "Guidelines of Conduct" for DroidForums.net
  2. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid Bionic
    Another flawless upgrade to .247 courtesy of the HOB. Hats off to Sam the Man once again...

Sent from my Jelly Beaned-Up ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T
  3. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Hey Sam,

I am almost there. I actually did 232 first and it is up and going. I can't wait to see what 247 holds b/c 232 is awesome. Anyway. I must of misunderstood ormis read a step. I am trying to Root using HoB and the command prompt will just sit there and do nothing. I have tried it several times and have verified USB is detected and in the proper mode. What did I mis? If it is something documented, let me know and I will go try and figure it out.
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    ok, upgrading a friends bionic to 247, that went smooth but is hanging up on installing root access. I restarted the computer and the phone and redid root thru the HOB. Right now its setting on Daemon started successfully. but its been sitting there for quite a while. I upgraded mine from 246 to 247 last night and it only took a minute to install root. What do I need to do? Thanks
  5. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    321 times
    Phone
    Bionic
    DroidForums.net Developer
    You both are having the same problem with ADB not seeing the phone. My FAQ has a "why does adb hate my phone" section. You can try different usb ports. And make SURE the phone is in the right mode. Saying it is isn't the same as checking.
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Quote Originally Posted by SamuriHL View Post
    You both are having the same problem with ADB not seeing the phone. My FAQ has a "why does adb hate my phone" section. You can try different usb ports. And make SURE the phone is in the right mode. Saying it is isn't the same as checking.
    thanks Sam but after reading again I have done all that. Everything worked perfectly right up till the time it went to install root. Did everything to the letter. Not on USB 3.0 as I wouldnt have been able to install 247, moto driver installed, apfastboot per instructions when told to do so by HOB, original cable, rebooted both right before I typed my question. Right now his phone is on 247 and running great. Just wont take root. Anything else or does he have to do a factory reset as a last resort? THanks again Sam

Again, I have double and triple checked. Everything is as it should be. I even moved to a different usb port and stopped ADB within task manager. restarted HOB and tried to install root again. All I get is daemon started successfully. and just sits there.
  7. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    That's the truth. I did my co-workers today and after the update the phone was in Mass-Storage mode. (Even though it was in Charge-Only before the update)
    I had to alter it to MTP before I could root it.
    Droid Bionic (now running 247 ICS goodness thanks to HoB)
  8. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    321 times
    Phone
    Bionic
    It's not under my control unfortunately. To see my point, kill the HoB and all instances of ADB that are running. Unplug the phone from USB, wait like 10 seconds, and plug it back in. Now open up a CMD prompt to the SamuriHL_HouseOfBionic directory and type the following:

utils\adb kill-server
    utils\adb wait-for-device

If that hangs, then you see the issue. I haven't any control over ADB.
  9. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    321 times
    Phone
    Bionic
    Just did some research for you guys. There's another trick you can try. Untick the USB debugging to turn it OFF, wait for windows to notice, then turn it back on and see if ADB can see it. Once ADB sees it from the command line I posted, you should be able to root it.
  10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Just did some research for you guys. There's another trick you can try. Untick the USB debugging to turn it OFF, wait for windows to notice, then turn it back on and see if ADB can see it. Once ADB sees it from the command line I posted, you should be able to root it.
    ok, tried all that along with double checking again all settings are correct. Started pc and phone again. Even cleared cache on phone again. no joy. Even though I used the exact same computer, usb port, cable and files to upgrade mine last night without a hitch. His is running 247 great just without root. Even tried a different root program from DjrBliss. Still nothing.
    So is his only option to install root is to do a factory reset? Thanks for all your help

Links