DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 312 of 331 FirstFirst ... 212262302310311312313314322 ... LastLast
Results 3,111 to 3,120 of 3303
Like Tree151Likes

Thread: Downgrade to 902 - No app or data loss

1. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    321 times
    Phone
    Bionic
    DroidForums.net Developer
    Ok, there's a difference between going back to the OTA path and moving forward to a new OTA path. On 232 or lower, you can get BACK to the OTA path which is currently defined as being 5.9.905. With 235+, you can't FXZ back to 905, so you can't get BACK to the OTA path. The only thing you can do is move forward. Once the NEW OTA build is selected, which I currently believe will be 247 but will only be known once it starts being pushed out OTA, then either we're already on the new OTA path by virtue of already being on the correct build (e.g. 247) or we'll have to move to the correct build using the HoB. Could be a new build. Could be an older build. For those that don't think that's possible, you don't know your history. 5.5.893 was an OTA build. 5.7.893 and 5.8.894 were not, yet, they were leaked before 5.5.893 became OTA. So even though we have 247 and we think that'll likely be the OTA, it's not guaranteed....as I've said a billion and 1 times now. If 246, for example, becomes OTA, we have to downgrade which the HoB can do. We can NOT, however, downgrade below 235 due to the security. Clear now?
  2. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Bionic
    Quote Originally Posted by SamuriHL View Post
    Not unless you have a Xoom. In which case, why the hell aren't you running Team EOS like everyone else?
    I have a gTab running JB from TeamDRH.
    Ol' Jim, hisself
    BIONIC
    ICS Launcher Pro w/LAPDOCK Viewsonic G-tab Jelly Bean Launcher Pro DROID 1 (RETIRED )
  3. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Moto Droid + Bionic
    Thank you Sam. That's what I thought I understood. I guess I didn't state my question very well.
  4. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    321 times
    Phone
    Bionic
    Linux/Mac progress update:

Menus are written and working
    discover and transfer update zip is working
    md5 hashing of update zip is working
    install flash is working
    recovery instructions are working
    root is working

TODO:
    boot img creation
    reinstall flashing
    FXZ flashing
    Repair flashing

Basically at this rate I expect to have a fully function Linux/Mac HoB by this weekend that matches the windows functionality completely.
  5. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    bionic
    here i was thinking Sam had a working copy of JB on the Bionic... I was going to say spread the love
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Phone
    Razr M, GN2, N10

Re: Downgrade to 902 - No app or data loss

Is there any way of altering the verizon update.zip or impossible since it is signed? Doing some hypothetical thinking at the moment lol

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
    "Without these devs our Droids would suck!"

"Lazy people don't wipe, then they end up with bugs."

Register for a dropbox accout and add 250MB to both of our accounts! http://db.tt/tlJHEUZ
  7. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Phone
    XT875
    Quote Originally Posted by TMYINC View Post
    Is there any way of altering the verizon update.zip or impossible since it is signed? Doing some hypothetical thinking at the moment lol

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
    Bionic has a locked boot loader. So unless you can crack the security, then you can't alter the update zip file.
  8. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Bionic 16gb model-verizo
    Like the people complaining that I didn't tell them to press the power button to select the apply update option in recovery? LMAO. I fixed it for the next version but I sure as hell ain't doing a release for that. My time is going to be spent working on the linux/mac HoB which is currently functional enough to move people from one build to another and root it.

yes yes yes yes yes yes yes! cant wait for a MAC HoB! it takes times leaving my mac and loading my windows partition! dont judge me!
  9. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    321 times
    Phone
    Bionic
    Quote Originally Posted by mranderson1 View Post
    yes yes yes yes yes yes yes! cant wait for a MAC HoB! it takes times leaving my mac and loading my windows partition! dont judge me!
    Just a word of caution....I don't own a mac so I can't test it on there. So when I release it just know you may be a guinea pig. Worse case is you load up the Windows version to fix whatever damage I caused. I'm still trying to get the reinstall option to work the way I want. It's being stubborn and pissing me off at the moment.
  10. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Bionic 16gb model-verizo
    Ok, there's a difference between going back to the OTA path and moving forward to a new OTA path. On 232 or lower, you can get BACK to the OTA path which is currently defined as being 5.9.905. With 235+, you can't FXZ back to 905, so you can't get BACK to the OTA path. The only thing you can do is move forward. Once the NEW OTA build is selected, which I currently believe will be 247 but will only be known once it starts being pushed out OTA, then either we're already on the new OTA path by virtue of already being on the correct build (e.g. 247) or we'll have to move to the correct build using the HoB. Could be a new build. Could be an older build. For those that don't think that's possible, you don't know your history. 5.5.893 was an OTA build. 5.7.893 and 5.8.894 were not, yet, they were leaked before 5.5.893 became OTA. So even though we have 247 and we think that'll likely be the OTA, it's not guaranteed....as I've said a billion and 1 times now. If 246, for example, becomes OTA, we have to downgrade which the HoB can do. We can NOT, however, downgrade below 235 due to the security. Clear now?
    i do not get why so many people do not seem to understand this simple simple elementary idea...its like the abc song! it doesnt go CBA!

Links