DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 275 of 331 FirstFirst ... 175225265273274275276277285325 ... LastLast
Results 2,741 to 2,750 of 3303
Like Tree151Likes

Thread: Downgrade to 902 - No app or data loss

1. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    321 times
    Phone
    Bionic
    DroidForums.net Developer
    Personally I'd uninstall and reinstall in order. 7.2 installer, components or fxz, rsd, and finally the update installer for whatever update you want.
  2. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Quote Originally Posted by SamuriHL View Post
    Personally I'd uninstall and reinstall in order. 7.2 installer, components or fxz, rsd, and finally the update installer for whatever update you want.
    that's what I wanted to know, fine sir!
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid Bionic
    Thought I had a brick when I ran 7.2 with RSD 6.14 but simply ran an Older Version of HOB with 1.0 Components that I had luckily saved to a file on the Desktop to Upgrade to. 246. Think I will uninstall 7.2 and reinstall with the Older Version of RSD that you posted but since I Upgraded successfully in the Long Run may not be needed if Verizon Sticks with. 246. Thanks for All of Your Work.
  4. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    321 times
    Phone
    Bionic
    You don't need to uninstall anything. Just grab the RSD 5.7 installer and run it. Then you're done. It works fine with 7.2.
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid Bionic
    I thought about that I just wasn't sure if it would over write 6.14
  6. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    321 times
    Phone
    Bionic
    I created the installer to do exactly that.
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid Bionic
    Quote Originally Posted by SamuriHL
    I created the installer to do exactly that.
    Sweet.

Thanks Again.
  8. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Sam

Thanks again for doing/continuing to do this.
    HOB made it super easy to root. Really it was a joy to delete the pre loaded blockbuster app.

Yep still really enjoying my 246 ICS leak.
    Sure enough just like you said (no surprise really) after a while the battery use issue did calm down. Battery use is now better than on Gingerbread.
    So far all my applications continue to work normally with the exception of many working faster / better inspite of me not reinstalling them.
    Pleasantly surprised with the adobe flash 11 available from adobe straight from play store while not listed in the play store as doing so this does help out with ics flash issues as documented by adobe on the site.

So far the only bug i have observed with 246 which was also there with .905 gingerbread is the implementation of USB charging. Could just be my bionic has a hardware issue?
    Something not usb 2.0 standard is happening here. With all my other devices including my fiances apple stuff charging is standard. I.E. Pin 1 is +5V Pin 4 is Gnd and center pins are data + -.

For some reason my bionic takes the presence of a 150 ohm resistor on the data pins and 5V across the other as a signal that it should freeze and be erratic. Normally a device would take the 150 ohm resistor as a request for it to charge at up to 1A current. It does charge but it ignores the touch screen while doing so. Of course as soon as i unplug and plug into my stock moto usb ac adapter my bionic goes back to normal.

Looking forward to trying out webtop at some point in the future maybe with a lapdock. Hardware hacking ok well mostly soldering tiny things is something I am good at so I am thinking about getting a lapdock and adding a usb digatizer overlay and removing the touch pad. A keyboard, touch screen and battery would be the perfect accessory.
  9. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    321 times
    Phone
    Bionic
    That's definitely not normal. I charge mine with USB all the time. So that could be either a bug or it could be something worse. What mode do you have it in? MTP?
  10. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    This issue was happening even pre ICS. It happens in all usb modes with and with out usb debugging enabled. Even tried the stock moto usb cable vs cheap generic. The touch screen quits responding as do the soft buttons across the bottom. The physical buttons still work. It does not happen when connected to a PC or the stock moto AC to USB adapter. I can even start an MP3 or the FM radio playing and then plug in the charger and it keeps playing and starts charging while locking out the touch screen. Its annoying to have to unplug change track and then plug in or to answer calls. This happens with either my home made usb charger which is just 5v across outer pins and 150 ohm across inner pins. The USB supply in my garage with the bug is actually and old computer power supply I use for a variety of things. The +5 rail on it is rated for 10+ amps so there is almost no voltage drop its getting 5.0V + or - .05V. The resistor is labeled 150 ohm but its actually 147.50 ohm by a nice digital meter. This is very clean lab grade DC switching power supply. The other problem is the USB charge port on the cobra power inverter in my car which is also just 5V with a 150 ohm resistor. Also my bionic behaves normally when connected to my old LG AC to USB adapter. Oddly enough a droid X I tried has none of the same problems with my power supply or the car charger same with a totally not standard apple Ipad that pulls a totally not cool with usb standards 2A. I wonder if i need some sort of logic on the data pins.

I have a feeling this is just some non USB 2.0 compliant BS to try to get me to buy official usb power supplies.

Links