DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 254 of 331 FirstFirst ... 154204244252253254255256264304 ... LastLast
Results 2,531 to 2,540 of 3303
Like Tree151Likes

Thread: Downgrade to 902 - No app or data loss

  1. Master Droid
    droidxd00d's Avatar
    Member #
    228229
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    250
    Liked
    23 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    nevermind lol I made simple mistake =] but its all good now. Thanks anyways Samuri! and your script is awesome!
    Sent with the Ruler of All Machines! My Droid Bionic now featuring Ice Cream!
  2. Master Droid
    grgguy's Avatar
    Member #
    46248
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    392
    Liked
    11 times
    Phone
    Droid 1, DX2, Droid Bionic
    .246 is up and running.

    I had to boot into fastboot manually ( never had to before) before RSD would run correctly . Other than that HOB worked flawlessly. Thanks again oh mighty master of the Bionic.
  3. Developer
    SamuriHL's Avatar
    Member #
    85257
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    4,089
    Liked
    321 times
    Phone
    Bionic
    DroidForums.net Developer
    That's why I state in there that if it doesn't work to reboot your phone to manually do it. I have no idea what causes the issue.
  4. Delasangre4231's Avatar
    Member #
    230490
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    81
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Sweet, I am still not 100% sure I want to take that leap to not being able to come back from ICS...
    Life's simple, you make choices and you don't look back.
    -Han
  5. Developer
    SamuriHL's Avatar
    Member #
    85257
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    4,089
    Liked
    321 times
    Phone
    Bionic
    DroidForums.net Developer
    Then you should not. You can always dip your toe in the water with 232. I left the support installer up there for a reason. It's what I recommend for the majority of people.
  6. Senior Droid
    Soocold's Avatar
    Member #
    203454
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Middle of Kansas
    Posts
    221
    Liked
    2 times
    Twitter
    Amcsocold
    Phone
    Bionic
    First, you'll never want to go back to gingerbread.

    Second, just go to .232 so you still have fxz and can drop back to gingerbread. Its why that file is still in the op

    ICS Droid Bionic
    .244 courtesy of HoB
  7. Developer
    SamuriHL's Avatar
    Member #
    85257
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    4,089
    Liked
    321 times
    Phone
    Bionic
    DroidForums.net Developer
    Quote Originally Posted by Soocold View Post
    First, you'll never want to go back to gingerbread.
    Completely and totally irrelevant and one of the points people make to justify going to 235+ that really p**ses me off.

    Quote Originally Posted by Soocold View Post
    Second, just go to .232 so you still have fxz and can drop back to gingerbread. Its why that file is still in the op

    ICS Droid Bionic
    .244 courtesy of HoB
    Yes, that's what I said.
  8. Delasangre4231's Avatar
    Member #
    230490
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    81
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Quote Originally Posted by SamuriHL View Post
    Then you should not. You can always dip your toe in the water with 232. I left the support installer up there for a reason. It's what I recommend for the majority of people.
    Quote Originally Posted by Soocold View Post
    First, you'll never want to go back to gingerbread.

    Second, just go to .232 so you still have fxz and can drop back to gingerbread. Its why that file is still in the op

    ICS Droid Bionic
    .244 courtesy of HoB
    I was on .232, I still had issues from .2233, but someone said they were fixed in the .246... I hate being in GB, well whats the worst that can happen, I have to wait for someone to hack the security in .246 to go back to GB or wait for the OTA?
    Life's simple, you make choices and you don't look back.
    -Han
  9. Developer
    SamuriHL's Avatar
    Member #
    85257
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    4,089
    Liked
    321 times
    Phone
    Bionic
    DroidForums.net Developer
    Quote Originally Posted by Delasangre4231 View Post
    I was on .232, I still had issues from .2233, but someone said they were fixed in the .246... I hate being in GB, well whats the worst that can happen, I have to wait for someone to hack the security in .246 to go back to GB or wait for the OTA?
    Oh god. If you're going to "wait for someone to hack the security" you're screwed. You have a better chance of getting a phone implanted in your brain than that happening. LOCKED BOOTLOADER. I don't know what else I can say on that. If the security on the device doesn't allow you to go back to a previous version, then you aren't. You will brick your device trying. The ONLY thing we can do is move between updates on the same security level. Please, please, please understand this fully before attempting to go forward. The ramifications of not understanding this are perilous.
  10. Delasangre4231's Avatar
    Member #
    230490
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    81
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Quote Originally Posted by SamuriHL View Post
    Oh god. If you're going to "wait for someone to hack the security" you're screwed. You have a better chance of getting a phone implanted in your brain than that happening. LOCKED BOOTLOADER. I don't know what else I can say on that. If the security on the device doesn't allow you to go back to a previous version, then you aren't. You will brick your device trying. The ONLY thing we can do is move between updates on the same security level. Please, please, please understand this fully before attempting to go forward. The ramifications of not understanding this are perilous.
    Ok, my bad. But like you said once they decide on the OTA version then I will be fine right? Worse case scenario I can buy a new phone and I will be ok...
    Life's simple, you make choices and you don't look back.
    -Han

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. No stop data hangs and data loss
    By mafiafan123 in forum Thunderbolt Tech Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-04-2011, 12:08 AM
  2. Data loss
    By cbryant1809 in forum HTC ThunderBolt
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-16-2011, 11:01 AM
  3. Droid X 3G data loss and loss of hotspot
    By sdavis630 in forum Droid X Tech Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-27-2011, 08:07 AM
  4. Data Loss?
    By chewy74 in forum LithiumMod
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 09-03-2010, 08:37 AM
  5. data loss!!! Help
    By drummerq in forum Android Tech Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-12-2010, 08:51 PM

Search tags for this page

downgrade bionic 902
,
downgrade to 902
,
downgrade xt875
,

house of bionic

,
house of bionic download
,
houseofbionic
,

samurai house of bionic

,
unfortunately motorola services has stopped
,
unfortunately the process com.android.phone has stopped
,
xt875 downgrade
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.
Find us on Google+