DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 230 of 331 FirstFirst ... 130180220228229230231232240280330 ... LastLast
Results 2,291 to 2,300 of 3303
Like Tree151Likes

Thread: Downgrade to 902 - No app or data loss

Member #
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Quote Originally Posted by SamuriHL View Post
    That's not normal at all. My advice is to factory reset it and install apps clean. Massive pita but should give you stability.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2
    I didn't figure it was. If you see my edit to that, it completely froze after rebooting about 10 times. I haven't even got to the point of trying to install any apps back yet...I am booting into recovery now, and going to do another full wipe. We shall see.
  2. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid Bionic
    Yeah, the factory wipe is a headache but it should definitely clear up some of ur issues. Sam is right when he said that there's nothing right about what's going on w/ur phone at all. Again, good luck w/everything.

Sent from my ICED .244 DROID BIONIC
  3. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    321 times
    Phone
    Bionic
    DroidForums.net Developer
    Quote Originally Posted by refuzeandrezizt View Post
    I didn't figure it was. If you see my edit to that, it completely froze after rebooting about 10 times. I haven't even got to the point of trying to install any apps back yet...I am booting into recovery now, and going to do another full wipe. We shall see.
    If that doesn't work we may have to get a little more drastic with your phone. They the factory reset again and see if it helps. If not, the following might help.

O) from a fully charged battery...
    O) put the phone in AP fastboot mode (power off power + volume down)
    O) load the HoB
    O) choose reinstall 244
    O) Start at option 3
    O) follow option 4 when rsd is finished from option 3...However instead of a cache wipe, do another factory reset before rebooting
    O) optionally root with option 5 if desired

I would do that if the factory reset doesn't help. If it's still not working right at that point I have some ideas but we get into nasty territory at that point.

Member #
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    If that doesn't work we may have to get a little more drastic with your phone. They the factory reset again and see if it helps. If not, the following might help.

O) from a fully charged battery...
    O) put the phone in AP fastboot mode (power off power + volume down)
    O) load the HoB
    O) choose reinstall 244
    O) Start at option 3
    O) follow option 4 when rsd is finished from option 3...However instead of a cache wipe, do another factory reset before rebooting
    O) optionally root with option 5 if desired

I would do that if the factory reset doesn't help. If it's still not working right at that point I have some ideas but we get into nasty territory at that point.

Thanks for the input. I am doing a full reset in recovery now, and will completely wipe EVERYTHING this time (internal and sd as well). Will see how that goes. I am at work, so I won't be able to go further until I get home this afternoon. Will keep you updated though, and thanks again for taking the time to help. I have read hundreds of pages on this, and haven't seen anyone else with this big of an issue. I am hoping it's just a minor mishap...

EDIT:: Can already tell it's the same thing. It's rebooted 4 times just trying to get through the initial setup. Guess it is what it is until I can get home and redo the whole process.
    Last edited by refuzeandrezizt; 09-18-2012 at 06:57 AM.
  5. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    321 times
    Phone
    Bionic
    Quote Originally Posted by refuzeandrezizt View Post
    Thanks for the input. I am doing a full reset in recovery now, and will completely wipe EVERYTHING this time (internal and sd as well). Will see how that goes. I am at work, so I won't be able to go further until I get home this afternoon. Will keep you updated though, and thanks again for taking the time to help. I have read hundreds of pages on this, and haven't seen anyone else with this big of an issue. I am hoping it's just a minor mishap...

EDIT:: Can already tell it's the same thing. It's rebooted 4 times just trying to get through the initial setup. Guess it is what it is until I can get home and redo the whole process.
    Ok, that sucks. Try my process and see if that helps. If not, then we'll have to get into some uglier solutions that involve seeing if the CPU is clocked at 1.2 (I suspect it is) and lowering it back to 1.0.
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Ok, that sucks. Try my process and see if that helps. If not, then we'll have to get into some uglier solutions that involve seeing if the CPU is clocked at 1.2 (I suspect it is) and lowering it back to 1.0.
    Sounds good. I will play with it today at work and see how it goes. I expected some bumps while everything was ironing out, but nothing like this. If it keeps up, I will redo the install as you suggest and go from there. Thanks again!
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Alright...I think I have figured something out. I bought the setCPU program a couple years ago when I was moding my OG Droid and Incredible. I downloaded that, and set my CPU from 1.2 to 1.0. Seems to be running much better. Haven't had a reboot in about 30 minutes of heavy use. That is a plus in my book, considering what I had before. Will continue to monitor it and see what happens. Fingers and toes crossed...
  8. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    321 times
    Phone
    Bionic
    That was high on my list of possibilities. I'm glad that seems to be working for you.
  9. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    321 times
    Phone
    Bionic
    In fact I think I'm going to add this to the FAQ. Thanks!
    refuzeandrezizt likes this.
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Glad I could help. It was driving me insane! Thanks for all your input on this, SamuriHL. Guess my phone just doesn't like to be set at 1.2.

Links