DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 229 of 331 FirstFirst ... 129 179 219 227 228 229 230 231 239 279 329 ... LastLast
Results 2,281 to 2,290 of 3303
Like Tree151Likes

Thread: Downgrade to 902 - No app or data loss

1. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    ODroid> Bionic 6.7.247 c/o HoB
    Mannnn! I thought it was 245! You know, I took the plunge to 244, after weeks of debate, didn't brick, bootloop or ask any questions based on not reading the OP! Then what. I got nothing, not even a little razzing from SamuriHL! Whazup with that? And what's HL?
  2. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    321 times
    Phone
    Bionic
    DroidForums.net Developer
    I know...I've made it so easy an iPhone user can do it. ROFLMAO! HL is for Highlander.

As for the updates, I'm still holding out small hope that 244 will somehow slip out as OTA. If not, you'll all be back to the House for coffee and tea....or an update....or something. GET OFF MY LAWN!
  3. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    ODroid> Bionic 6.7.247 c/o HoB
    Grumpy old man Thanks!
    Not so sure about an iphone user, did you see the video? Definitely improved,! Ha ha ha!
    Last edited by Aldroid33; 09-17-2012 at 09:20 PM.
  4. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    321 times
    Phone
    Bionic
    I saw the one showing people the iPhone 4s as though it were a 5. LMAO.
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Thank you for this, SamuriHL. Updated to 232 first, and then said the heak with it and went for 244. I did a full wipe before going to 244, as I felt like I would be using this for awhile and wanted a nice fresh start. I use to do this stuff all the time, but I have been slacking the last year or so. But, I was getting fed up with this ICS debacle and found this thread. The process was great, and very easy! Just follow the directions, and BAM!! I am now rooted, with the 244 build. My only issue is the fact that I have had SEVERAL reboots. I am hoping that once everything gets going, this will stop. Seems like they are already becoming less and less. Anyone else have this issue? Did it work itself out?
  6. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid Bionic
    Quote Originally Posted by refuzeandrezizt
    Thank you for this, SamuriHL. Updated to 232 first, and then said the heak with it and went for 244. I did a full wipe before going to 244, as I felt like I would be using this for awhile and wanted a nice fresh start. I use to do this stuff all the time, but I have been slacking the last year or so. But, I was getting fed up with this ICS debacle and found this thread. The process was great, and very easy! Just follow the directions, and BAM!! I am now rooted, with the 244 build. My only issue is the fact that I have had SEVERAL reboots. I am hoping that once everything gets going, this will stop. Seems like they are already becoming less and less. Anyone else have this issue? Did it work itself out?
    Don't get too worried yet...a lot of the time, it takes the ICS builds a day or so to settle down. Also, if this has been ur first tweak in a while, ur phone will almost certainly be jumping around w/it a bit at first. Give it a little time to settle in, and things should be fine. Good luck!

Sent from my ICED .244 DROID BIONIC
  7. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Razr HD & Bionic
    Quote Originally Posted by SamuriHL View Post
    That's currently the case, yes. We'll have to see if that changes in the future, but, so far, it's not looking so good.
    What do you make of this, Sam? Might this approach be useful for the unrootable Motos?
    Bionic
  8. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    321 times
    Phone
    Bionic
    Quote Originally Posted by geekabilly View Post
    What do you make of this, Sam? Might this approach be useful for the unrootable Motos?
    Sadly no. I already had a chat about it last night. It was tried on the atrix hd and razr m without success.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Quote Originally Posted by maaybraak View Post
    Don't get too worried yet...a lot of the time, it takes the ICS builds a day or so to settle down. Also, if this has been ur first tweak in a while, ur phone will almost certainly be jumping around w/it a bit at first. Give it a little time to settle in, and things should be fine. Good luck!

Sent from my ICED .244 DROID BIONIC
    Thanks, and I hope you are right. My alarm was going off this morning, and I couldn't turn the phone on. Had to pull the battery, and then it rebooted about 6 times. Went to check the weather, rebooted again 2 or 3 times. Got to work, went to use it, it rebooted twice. Get to the settings to try a sd-ext wipe, it froze and I had to pull the battery again. Now it's rebooting again, which is about the 15th time already this morning. It did this most of the night too, until I went to bed. This doesn't seem normal to me, but I am going to give it a few days. I am hoping it will settle down, and this is not going to be what I am stuck with. We shall see...

EDIT:: After rebooting itself another 10 times in a row, it is now stuck on the load screen. Not sure what else I can do at this point. I have wiped everything, and done a full wipe in recovery. Guess I will keep messing with it until I can get it halfway stable, or trash it and start looking at other options...
    Last edited by refuzeandrezizt; 09-18-2012 at 06:33 AM.
  10. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    321 times
    Phone
    Bionic
    Quote Originally Posted by refuzeandrezizt View Post
    Thanks, and I hope you are right. My alarm was going off this morning, and I couldn't turn the phone on. Had to pull the battery, and then it rebooted about 6 times. Went to check the weather, rebooted again 2 or 3 times. Got to work, went to use it, it rebooted twice. Get to the settings to try a sd-ext wipe, it froze and I had to pull the battery again. Now it's rebooting again, which is about the 15th time already this morning. It did this most of the night too, until I went to bed. This doesn't seem normal to me, but I am going to give it a few days. I am hoping it will settle down, and this is not going to be what I am stuck with. We shall see...
    That's not normal at all. My advice is to factory reset it and install apps clean. Massive pita but should give you stability.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

Links