DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 198 of 331 FirstFirst ... 98148188196197198199200208248298 ... LastLast
Results 1,971 to 1,980 of 3303
Like Tree151Likes

Thread: Downgrade to 902 - No app or data loss

1. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    321 times
    Phone
    Bionic
    DroidForums.net Developer
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike.757 View Post
    Thanks again Sam!! I installed root, disabled it, opened GFE and it worked fine. Waiting for phone to reboot to run the test again but so far it looks good!!

When will SuperSU re-enable automatically if at all? I know it doesn't after a reboot. I just can't have GFE meet root or the GFE will self-destruct again.
    It doesn't. You have to go reenable it in the SuperSU options.
  2. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    74 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S3
    Perfect! That makes my day!!
    Together is where I want to be...
  3. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    ODroid> Bionic 6.7.247 c/o HoB
    Are we in the midst of a soak test? Is 242 it?
  4. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Quote Originally Posted by SamuriHL View Post
    "WE" aren't. The issue is if something stupid happened like they decided to push out one last GB update or some whacked nonsense like that, then those of us that went to 235+ would be screwed. Those with patience are sticking it out on 232 because it's the safest route right now. Those of us who really don't care or are simply needing to be on the *BLEEDING EDGE* have already gone to 242 and are loving it. I'm fairly confident that 242 is going to be OTA, but, *NO ONE* can guarantee that. Even the soak isn't a guarantee. But I suspect I'll be seeing a lot of 232 users knocking on the door to the House soon enough.
    Samuri, I'm still on 232 and waiting. How sure are you that 242 is the OTA? Are we really in the midst of a soak? When or how will we know? Would like to take the plunge to 242 but don't want to something stupid. What do you think now that some time has passed?
    Thanks for your good advice.
    Last edited by Aldroid33; 09-03-2012 at 09:40 PM.
  5. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Dallas, Lone Star Republic, North America, Terra
    Liked
    56 times
    Twitter
    @Pat_Droid
    Phone
    Bionic, Razr M, Moto X
    aldroid it's really, seriously, that polished, and verizon has definitely had their nose in it because the bloat is seriously difficult to effectively freeze/uninstall. But it's super clean and debugged, haven't even noticed a single annoyance since my FDR after install, if this isn't the OTA I have no freaking clue what they are looking for.
    Aldroid33 likes this.
  6. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    321 times
    Phone
    Bionic
    Quote Originally Posted by Aldroid33 View Post
    Sam, still on 232 and waiting. How sure are you that 242 is the OTA? Are we really in the midst of a soak? When or how will we know? Would like to take the plunge to 242 but don't want to something stupid. What do you think now that some time has passed?
    Thanks for your good advice.
    We are NOT in a soak test yet. 242 is very likely to become the ota, but even if it is, the soak test won't be for another 2 weeks most likely. Believe me, when the soak invitations go out, we will know. If you held off on the previous leaks because of the warnings, I recommend doing so still. We'll know more soon.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2
  7. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Quote Originally Posted by SamuriHL View Post
    We are NOT in a soak test yet. 242 is very likely to become the ota, but even if it is, the soak test won't be for another 2 weeks most likely. Believe me, when the soak invitations go out, we will know. If you held off on the previous leaks because of the warnings, I recommend doing so still. We'll know more soon.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2
    Thanks Samuri, always appreciate your thoughtful advice. The fact of the matter is I like 232 much more then most of the custom ROMs that I have loaded, but I long for basic improvement s that 242 or the eventual ota will bring. However, the anticipation and delays from the mid August release date is driving me @~'%#s
    Last edited by Aldroid33; 09-03-2012 at 09:41 PM.
  8. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    321 times
    Phone
    Bionic
    The warnings I put out for 235+ are very real. No FXZ'ing back to 905 puts your phone at risk. We can move forward, but, the method we use to do that is also risky as it requires temporarily bricking your phone until the update is applied successfully. So there is definitely risk to installing 242. But, many people have been using the 235+ updates successfully. As long as you follow my directions, the HoB works fairly well.
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Sorry to be such a newb at this but I only just found out about the ICS leaks a few days ago. I sucessfully got to 6.7.2233 a few days ago and am now seeing 6.7.232 being possibly the best bet for someone not wanting to take a huge risk. Can I ask if anyone has a working DL link for .232? Do I need to be on .905 GB first? If I do can I really go back to .902 without loosing apps or data?
  10. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    321 times
    Phone
    Bionic
    All I'm going to do is tell you to actually read the OP. If you had, you'd not be asking those questions. All the answers are in there.

Links