DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 122 of 331 FirstFirst ... 2272112120121122123124132172222 ... LastLast
Results 1,211 to 1,220 of 3303
Like Tree151Likes

Thread: Downgrade to 902 - No app or data loss

1. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Quote Originally Posted by SamuriHL View Post
    Now that I'm back, I want to address being called "cocky". I think you completely misunderstand where I'm coming from. I seriously doubt you have any clue at all how many hours I've poured into the House of Bionic...fixing bugs in the scripts, making installers, supporting people that refuse to read even basic instructions, etc. I do this on my own free time and expect nothing from it. I don't know if you've ever spent that much time creating something or not, but, when someone comes into your thread and says "I can't get it to work so I started editing it" it's kind of a slap in the face of all the work you put into making it solid and easy to use. I also didn't release even the patch for 3.0 until SEVERAL people had privately tested it for me to ensure that there were no issues with it. Hence, my comment wasn't about arrogance or being cocky, it was disappointment that you decided you had to go edit something that I knew was working for myself and others without issue.
    I do know what you're talking about. I spent two years writing a piece of code for customers who didn't even speak the same language.
  2. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    321 times
    Phone
    Bionic
    DroidForums.net Developer
    Quote Originally Posted by freebird_78 View Post
    I do know what you're talking about. I spent two years writing a piece of code for customers who didn't even speak the same language.
    Then we're good then. Peace!
  3. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    DROID Bionic
    SamuriHL,

I'm running 232, and I have two questions:

1. If I want to revert back to 905 and use 905, can I simply use the 905 FXZ in your script and use that? Is it stable for "production" or should I use your previous scripts from several weeks ago (which I have installed at work) to revert back to 902 and then up to 905?

2. When the final OTA is released, will we be able to upgrade from 232, will he have to FXZ back to 905, or should be go back to 902, up to 905, then take the OTA to whatever the release will be?

I used your latest 905 FXZ to get to 232 wiping back to factory and 232 is very, very stable for me.

Thanks for all your dedicated work on this!
    I'm Jim Barr, and I love my Droid Bionic.

Being free from Apple's grip is like that feeling you had when you were first unplugged from the Matrix. Remember that? I do. It was so cool.
  4. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    321 times
    Phone
    Bionic
    No need to FXZ back to 905 to take a new ICS update. So when the OTA is released and you're ready to move on from 232, the HoB will get an update and you'll be good to go from 232. (902 is out of the picture 100% now that we have the 905 FXZ....never go back to that again! ) If you want to go back to 905, you can from 232, but, I do NOT recommend it while keeping data. ICS data in GB is a bad bad combination. If you're happy on 232, sit tight and when the OTA update is released, I'll make sure it's supported and you'll be able to move directly to it from 232.
  5. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Bionic. 247
    Hey Freebird I know less than most about this stuff and followed the directions to a "T" and had no problems. After reading your post about writing code for some one foreign language blah blah blah. And then not being able to figure this out seems to be your fault not Samuri's. I had no problem and downloaded the script as soon as he uploaded. Seems you got a little cocky thinking you know it all and didn't follow a step and screwed up. How about this if you can do better then do it he isn't getting paid to do this he isn't being showered with gifts. He is however taking a lot of his personal time to write help and update this thread. Personally I have not seen anyone who has done this much for the bionic community and in such a timely manner. So to call him cocky really hell he should be cocky. I have read some of the questions and well to put it bluntly they are beyond stupid. Hell if it was me I wouldn't even answer them. People are lazy and instead of reading the first post just come on and say tell me how to do this. And then complain it's to difficult so what did Samuri do he made it basically idiot proof. Well I guess not totally idiot proof
  6. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    321 times
    Phone
    Bionic
    While I do appreciate the sentiment, I really don't want to turn this thread into a peeing contest. I'm good with where we're at and I think we can leave it at that. No hard feelings here. Let's all just move on now. Thanks
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Phone
    Galaxy NEXUS
    Freebird_78 is out of line; let Freebird_78 write his / her own script and then back it up with stellar support...... Doubt it
  8. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    321 times
    Phone
    Bionic
    Seriously, it's all good. We don't need to beat this topic to death.
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    15 times
    Phone
    lg revolution
    hey samuri thanx for all your support and hard work for taking the time to create this
    i used HoB to get from 235 -238 without any issues
    i was supprised how easy that was
    then todsay i just helped a friend using HoB going from 232 - 238 without a hitch and he was supprised how easy it was
    thanx again
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid Bionic
    SamuriHL Sir The House of Bionic is Alive and Rockin just Upgraded from .235 to .238 and Rooted everything went Smooth as Silk Thanks So Very Much for Your Dedication and Drive in Keeping this Phone Relevant!!! You and your Partners Rock!!!!!

Links