DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 121 of 331 FirstFirst ... 2171111119120121122123131171221 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,210 of 3303
Like Tree151Likes

Thread: Downgrade to 902 - No app or data loss

1. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Hey guys, this may not be the appropriate thread but I haven't seen this in any other threads so ill just ask here.

How can I get back to stock 232 without fxz back? Are there any stock 232 zips out there to flash if I flash a rom with bootstrap and screw something up?
    Maybe reapply the 232 update through stock recovery?
    Last edited by codygs83; 08-05-2012 at 05:24 AM.
  2. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    321 times
    Phone
    Bionic
    DroidForums.net Developer
    Not enough information. What are you on now?

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2
  3. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Quote Originally Posted by SamuriHL
    Not enough information. What are you on now?

Lol. My bad. I just reread my post and even I don't know what the hell it says.

I'm currently on 232 running redhead off of bootstrap. Just wondering how to get back to stock 232 because ics bootstrap wouldn't backup the stock setup before I went to redhead. I read several others couldn't make a stock backup either using ics bootstrap. Just wondering if there's an easier way rather than fxz back to 905 or would I be able to reapply the 232 update through stock recovery and just reroot?
  4. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    321 times
    Phone
    Bionic
    Use the reinstall 232 option and follow all the steps. Back to stock with no data loss.

5. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Use the reinstall 232 option and follow all the steps. Back to stock with no data loss.

Sweet! Thanks a million. Ill give it a go after work today.
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    24 times
    Phone
    Droid BIONIC
    I'm amazed this thread hasn't gotten stickied yet. It's a invaluable tool what Samurai has done.
    Droid BIONIC
  7. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    321 times
    Phone
    Bionic
    House of Bionic 3.0 is now released:

o) Support for new 238 leak

If updating from 235, you must use the REINSTALL 238 option. For those on 232 or lower, you should use the INSTALL 238 option. If you're on 232 or lower I recommend sticking with it for now as 238 contains the same security as 235. See my warnings in the OP about that. 238 may be reverted to 235 if it becomes necessary. Use the REINSTALL 235 option to downgrade while keeping data. Please keep the 235 and 238 update zips on your sdcard to facilitate recovering a bricked phone if necessary.

Later today I'll put out a 3.1 patch that will spit out the hashes of the update you're installing both from your House of Bionic install and the sdcard-ext after we push it. This is a little way to check that the update is pushed correctly as some people have run into corrupt zip files. I'll also add recovery.img from 238 to the 238 mini-fxz to make that a little safer, as well.

As always, enjoy!
  8. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid Bionic
    House of Bionic 3.0 is now released:

o) Support for new 238 leak

If updating from 235, you must use the REINSTALL 238 option. For those on 232 or lower, you should use the INSTALL 238 option. If you're on 232 or lower I recommend sticking with it for now as 238 contains the same security as 235. See my warnings in the OP about that. 238 may be reverted to 235 if it becomes necessary. Use the REINSTALL 235 option to downgrade while keeping data. Please keep the 235 and 238 update zips on your sdcard to facilitate recovering a bricked phone if necessary.

Later today I'll put out a 3.1 patch that will spit out the hashes of the update you're installing both from your House of Bionic install and the sdcard-ext after we push it. This is a little way to check that the update is pushed correctly as some people have run into corrupt zip files. I'll also add recovery.img from 238 to the 238 mini-fxz to make that a little safer, as well.

As always, enjoy!

I really appreciate ur time and effort. It's made my experience a whole lot more fun and safer while I'm exploring these leaks. Thanks again.

Sent from my ICED. 235 DROID BIONIC using Droid Forums
  9. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    321 times
    Phone
    Bionic
    Quote Originally Posted by maaybraak View Post
    I really appreciate ur time and effort. It's made my experience a whole lot more fun and safer while I'm exploring these leaks. Thanks again.

Sent from my ICED. 235 DROID BIONIC using Droid Forums
    Glad to be of help!
  10. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    321 times
    Phone
    Bionic
    Quote Originally Posted by freebird_78 View Post
    Yes, there was a version where you left off a path. I edited on my own, got it to work, and you posted a fix later that day.

I thank you for your work, but please don't get cocky.
    Now that I'm back, I want to address being called "cocky". I think you completely misunderstand where I'm coming from. I seriously doubt you have any clue at all how many hours I've poured into the House of Bionic...fixing bugs in the scripts, making installers, supporting people that refuse to read even basic instructions, etc. I do this on my own free time and expect nothing from it. I don't know if you've ever spent that much time creating something or not, but, when someone comes into your thread and says "I can't get it to work so I started editing it" it's kind of a slap in the face of all the work you put into making it solid and easy to use. I also didn't release even the patch for 3.0 until SEVERAL people had privately tested it for me to ensure that there were no issues with it. Hence, my comment wasn't about arrogance or being cocky, it was disappointment that you decided you had to go edit something that I knew was working for myself and others without issue.

Links