DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 115 of 331 FirstFirst ... 15 65 105 113 114 115 116 117 125 165 215 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,150 of 3303
Like Tree151Likes

Thread: Downgrade to 902 - No app or data loss

1. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    321 times
    Phone
    Bionic
    DroidForums.net Developer
    In the sense of getting root AND keeping your data, yes. I don't know of any solution to this problem. Others have run into it even without the script. Sadly a factory reset didn't always fix it. But if ADB doesn't recognize your device, as is happening here, there's not a lot I can do to fix that. You can try downgrading back to 905 using the KEEP DATA option on the main menu and see if you can root that.
  2. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Bionic
    Quote Originally Posted by SamuriHL View Post
    In the sense of getting root AND keeping your data, yes. I don't know of any solution to this problem. Others have run into it even without the script. Sadly a factory reset didn't always fix it. But if ADB doesn't recognize your device, as is happening here, there's not a lot I can do to fix that. You can try downgrading back to 905 using the KEEP DATA option on the main menu and see if you can root that.
    Ah but didn't you say never try and go back to 905 with ICS data? Wouldn't my phone have updated everything for ICS, so trying to go back would not be good correct?

I guess it might be time for a full factory wipe and such.

So, I should run your script using option 4, then after that basically go with option 1 all over like I just did?
  3. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    321 times
    Phone
    Bionic
    Yea I NEVER recommend going from ICS to GB while keeping data. Some people have done it against my recommendation. I just wanted to offer that as an option. I mean if you nandroided before doing all this you can just simply FXZ back to 905, root, and restore the nandroid.

Otherwise, reboot into recovery like option 4 shows, and do the Factory Reset option. You won't have to flash anything at that point. Just go in there, use that option, and reboot. Your phone will be back to a factory minty fresh state and HOPEFULLY ADB works at that point so you can root. Then you just have to reinstall your apps and set up the phone again. Giant pain, but, that would give you a clean start.
  4. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Bionic
    Yea I NEVER recommend going from ICS to GB while keeping data. Some people have done it against my recommendation. I just wanted to offer that as an option. I mean if you nandroided before doing all this you can just simply FXZ back to 905, root, and restore the nandroid.

Otherwise, reboot into recovery like option 4 shows, and do the Factory Reset option. You won't have to flash anything at that point. Just go in there, use that option, and reboot. Your phone will be back to a factory minty fresh state and HOPEFULLY ADB works at that point so you can root. Then you just have to reinstall your apps and set up the phone again. Giant pain, but, that would give you a clean start.
    Ok, I guess I just wasn't one of the lucky ones for this to work all nice.

After a few reboots, my old homescreen using ADW seems to be working better. So I think I will try going back to 905, restore my nandroid and try this process again.

To do that though, I need to sue your option 4 to get on 905 right? Then root and install safestrap, then restore my backup?
  5. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    321 times
    Phone
    Bionic
    Quote Originally Posted by zebo51 View Post
    Ok, I guess I just wasn't one of the lucky ones for this to work all nice.

After a few reboots, my old homescreen using ADW seems to be working better. So I think I will try going back to 905, restore my nandroid and try this process again.

To do that though, I need to sue your option 4 to get on 905 right? Then root and install safestrap, then restore my backup?
    Yes indeed. Good luck! Sorry you weren't one of the lucky ones. Just know that things are about to get whacked. 238 is being leaked as we speak.
  6. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Twitter
    @DarthShawner
    Phone
    VZW Galaxy S4
    Thanks!
    And here's the 2.2 Full: ADrive | Online Storage, Online Backup, Cloud Storage
  7. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    321 times
    Phone
    Bionic
    You'll hate me soon....trust me.
  8. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Twitter
    @DarthShawner
    Phone
    VZW Galaxy S4
    Hahaha! Yeah, I just saw that last post as I was copying the link. Oh well... I'll re-do the links without complaining. I'm just happy to help in any small way I can.
  9. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    321 times
    Phone
    Bionic
    It's a very big help. Although I will caution....people will not want to do this next update. Not even close.
  10. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Twitter
    @DarthShawner
    Phone
    VZW Galaxy S4
    I hear ya... I'm sticking with 232 until the OTA and even then I may stay with 232 depending on how much difference there is between the two.
Page 115 of 331 FirstFirst ... 15 65 105 113 114 115 116 117 125 165 215 ... LastLast

Links