DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: At my wits end. Please Help

1. Theme Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Twitter
    dubs_x
    Phone
    DROID BIONIC
    DroidForums.net Theme Developer
    Premium Member
    you guys aren't having signal issues because Verizon is blocking rooted users (if this was true, your ROOTED Stock ROM wouldn't be working properly either)...you are having problems because ICS ROMs on BIONIC are ALL still in beta phase and data is yet to be completely ironed out. This is clearly stated in the OP of the thread you downloaded from. Honestly, with the locked bootloader it is pretty unlikely we will see a 100% reliable ICS daily driver until we get an official release.

*that said, I'm not bashing the ICS ROMs that are out there, what has been accomplished thus far is amazing and those devs deserve praise.

If you are having problems you can't accept, wipe all data and caches, format /system, and reinstall a STABLE ROM like Stock or Eclipse (Eclipse is 100% stable, so if you have issues, you likely messed something up by flashing.)

Hope you guys get it worked out.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
  2. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    74 times
    Phone
    bionic
    Quote Originally Posted by dubsx
    you guys aren't having signal issues because Verizon is blocking rooted users (if this was true, your ROOTED Stock ROM wouldn't be working properly either)...you are having problems because ICS ROMs on BIONIC are ALL still in beta phase and data is yet to be completely ironed out. This is clearly stated in the OP of the thread you downloaded from. Honestly, with the locked bootloader it is pretty unlikely we will see a 100% reliable ICS daily driver until we get an official release.

*that said, I'm not bashing the ICS ROMs that are out there, what has been accomplished thus far is amazing and those devs deserve praise.

If you are having problems you can't accept, wipe all data and caches, format /system, and reinstall a STABLE ROM like Stock or Eclipse (Eclipse is 100% stable, so if you have issues, you likely messed something up by flashing.)

I agree. I am running eclipse and have been for awhile and have great 4g and 3g connectivity. I also have tried all of the ics roms and had great data connection on them as well. Hardware acceleration was my only problem with ics roms. Here is a screenshot of my homescreen.

At my wits end. Please Help-forumrunner_20120508_110438.png
  3. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Bionic D-1 is retired

So you are saying that after all this time all ics roms decided to not work connectionwise just randomly across the board. Thats highly doubtful regardless of the fact all ics roms are still in beta up to this point iv had little to no issues related to data connection with the exception to some roms requiring me to use phone info to toggle gsm only them gsm/lte etc to get it to work. Just randomly gummy which i was running for atleast a week and a half decided no connections allowed. So i tested all other ics roms and its the same in all cases. there is no way it's purely coincidence.
  4. Theme Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Twitter
    dubs_x
    Phone
    DROID BIONIC
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Silvernirvash View Post
    So you are saying that after all this time all ics roms decided to not work connectionwise just randomly across the board. Thats highly doubtful regardless of the fact all ics roms are still in beta up to this point iv had little to no issues related to data connection with the exception to some roms requiring me to use phone info to toggle gsm only them gsm/lte etc to get it to work. Just randomly gummy which i was running for atleast a week and a half decided no connections allowed. So i tested all other ics roms and its the same in all cases. there is no way it's purely coincidence.
    I am saying that an UNSTABLE ROM is called an UNSTABLE ROM for a reason..because things do not work the way they are intended. That's precisely what I'm saying.

Whatever you want to think bro...Verizon is scheming against you...but ONLY on BETA ICS ROMs...lol

5. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    74 times
    Phone
    bionic
    Quote Originally Posted by Silvernirvash

Theres not enough sufficient evidence to fully blame them but due to numerous rom testing on my part none of the roms available allow lte connect after a minute or two sfrer boot up. So it seems like verizon has set up a system similar to sony where it reads your phones information to make sure all system files match up with the ones they have. Othetwise how else would u explain the issue EVERYONE is having with connecting via lte while running a rom
    No offense silver, but if this were true these forums would be lit up with complaints from everyone with this particular problem. It seems that you have a problem with your phone or Verizon may be having problems in your area. This is most likely to be the case than this conspiracy theory you've cooked up.
  6. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Quote Originally Posted by deduct

No offense silver, but if this were true these forums would be lit up with complaints from everyone with this particular problem. It seems that you have a problem with your phone or Verizon may be having problems in your area. This is most likely to be the case than this conspiracy theory you've cooked up.
    Well a theory is better than blindly wandering around wondering WHY ME lol
  7. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    74 times
    Phone
    bionic
    Quote Originally Posted by Silvernirvash

Well a theory is better than blindly wandering around wondering WHY ME lol
    Good point.
  8. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Quote Originally Posted by deduct

Good point.
    And I find it odd that it only happens when running a rom and not stock regardless of root being there. Thus my theory would be probable.
  9. Theme Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Twitter
    dubs_x
    Phone
    DROID BIONIC
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Silvernirvash View Post
    And I find it odd that it only happens when running a rom and not stock regardless of root being there. Thus my theory would be probable.
    you do realize that "stock" is also a ROM...it is the STOCK ROM, as opposed to custom ROMs (ie Eclipse, AXIOM, Gummy, etc.). EVERYONE (including unrooted users) is running a ROM.

clearly you don't REALLY know what you're talking about which is why your theory is NOT probable... I'm not trying to be mean or condescending or whatever. I'm trying to help provide an educated explanation for why you are having issues, take it or leave it.

False, uninformed assumptions like this are not beneficial to the community. If you want to contribute something, fix the data issues on ICS ROMs yourself...or offer to test potential fixes by the devs...or just file a lawsuit against Verizon...lol

jayman350 likes this.
  10. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone

you do realize that "stock" is also a ROM...it is the STOCK ROM, as opposed to custom ROMs (ie Eclipse, AXIOM, Gummy, etc.). EVERYONE (including unrooted users) is running a ROM.

clearly you don't REALLY know what you're talking about which is why your theory is NOT probable... I'm not trying to be mean or condescending or whatever. I'm trying to help provide an educated explanation for why you are having issues, take it or leave it.

False, uninformed assumptions like this are not beneficial to the community. If you want to contribute something, fix the data issues on ICS ROMs yourself...or offer to test potential fixes by the devs...or just file a lawsuit against Verizon...lol

Yes I know that stock is a rom clearly iu dot understand how things lie this could work though. Sony reads a persons ps3 remotely from their end to make up the system being used is up to date and unmodified to let it through and connect to their services. Verizon could be doing something similar to prevent phones using modified roms like axiom and pics beta and so on from connecting to their service. The phone sends a signal t connect or way the send a signal back to connect but its like a lock and key they don't match up ad thus no connection can be made. DONT dare try to make me out to be an idiot.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Links