DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Bionic on Cricket

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    76 times
    Twitter
    XSYLUS_DEV
    Phone
    DROID 4 • Cricket Wireless

Bionic on Cricket

So I have my sister's Droid Bionic flashed to Cricket but she hasn't activated it yet. One thing I find interesting is as of right now even though it's not activated she can browse the web over the 3G network . I flashed my Droid 4 but it doesn't let me browse the web over 3G. I'm waiting to activate my Droid 4 because I'm on the $45 plan and need iptables support in the kernel which hasn't been released yet. Dang locked bootloaders ...anyway.

Bionic on Cricket-2012-04-13_00-01-22_454-modified-small.jpg
    Last edited by xsylus; 04-13-2012 at 01:10 AM.
    “Innovation is not the product of logical thought..." ~Albert Einstein
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    I have a Touch Pro that i haven't had used in a few years. Yet when I boot it up I can still surf 3g. And I've activated at least 5 other phones since I quit using it. Since it authenticates you on the network via your credentials it works for Web.

Quote Originally Posted by xsylus View Post
    So I have my sister's Droid Bionic flashed to Cricket but she hasn't activated it yet. One thing I find interesting is as of right now even though it's not activated she can browse the web over the 3G network . I flashed my Droid 4 but it doesn't let me browse the web over 3G. I'm waiting to activate my Droid 4 because I'm on the $45 plan and need iptables support in the kernel which hasn't been released yet. Dang locked bootloaders ...anyway.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2012-04-13_00-01-22_454-modified-small.jpg 
Views:	381 
Size:	478.4 KB 
ID:	49138
  3. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Bionic
    hey xsylus, what programs/zip downloads did you use to flash your sister's phone? just got a bionic from a friend (he went to iphone) and I'm looking to switch it to cricket, but I'm a total noob to flashing. I've been looking all over threads here and at places like cricketusers.com and xda developers, and it seems like stuff for the Bionic is pretty new, and it's been tough to find answers. If you could help point me towards some threads or links that are helpful, that would be great. everything I have tried following so far has taken me to other phones or versions, like the samsung epic or the droid 4 (like you have).

My phone is totally stock, running ICS (from what I have read), version 6.7.246, with Android 4.0.4. If you would help point a newb in the right direction, it would be really appreciated.

I hope I can learn as much as all you guys seem to know about working these things!

Links