DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Noob Rooting - Still on 886 with oneclickroot where to go to get updates

1. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here

Noob Rooting - Still on 886 with oneclickroot where to go to get updates

I rooted the phone when the root was available right after launch with oneclickroot or petes tools, cant remember. Tried petes tools to unroot, but says phone is not recoginized as a droid 3. Anyway, what is the best way to get the updates or unroot? I want to eventually root again after I update.

I see there are so many options, and I tried to read a lot of posts here, but most are on 893, but I am still on 886. I go to update on the phone and it says no updates are available.

Thanks for any help...
  2. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    115 times
    Phone
    Bionic, Gnex, N7, RMHD, G2
    Quote Originally Posted by riche View Post
    I rooted the phone when the root was available right after launch with oneclickroot or petes tools, cant remember. Tried petes tools to unroot, but says phone is not recoginized as a droid 3. Anyway, what is the best way to get the updates or unroot? I want to eventually root again after I update.

I see there are so many options, and I tried to read a lot of posts here, but most are on 893, but I am still on 886. I go to update on the phone and it says no updates are available.

Thanks for any help...
    you can use this Bionic Path Saver 1-Click Method
    it has the update files in it and it will root also, there are no options so if you dont want root you should pull the files from the folder and flash them manually.
  3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Quote Originally Posted by riche View Post

Thanks for any help...
    Tips:It's always better to 4ever root before upgrading your device,specially upgrading to 9.901..
    but sitting on stock kernel .886(100% stock bloated w/ vw apps.)no way that you can't update using settings>about phone??!!Are you sure you didn't flashed any leaked OTA update before?nor frozed/freezed any VW applications?

BTW...There's a lot of options floating around that you can use....Like the method that I've had used before(from 7.893>went to upgrade path 5.893> and now sitting on 9.901 w/ Liberty ROM w/ 901 support)...
    Get to 5.5.893 OTA from ANY LEAK - RootzWiki
    Just carefully follow all the directions and download all the necessary files to your sd card ext...Goodluck!!
    Last edited by wilboy; 12-31-2011 at 10:23 AM. Reason: Link..edited
    Who needs Brain if you've got Battery!?
    RETIRED FROM: BLACKBERRY-D1 and D2G
    NEW TOY: DROID BIONIC

(BIONIC)Tips to make Battery life Longer!

Links