DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Razr Webtop to Bionic?

1. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    MAXX GB rooted & safestrapped

Razr Webtop to Bionic?

Having acquired a Lapdock 500 to use with my Bionic, I wonder: would it be possible to move the Razr version of Webtop
    to the Bionic and obtain all the Razr-exclusive Webtop functions (webcam, SD card slot, ethernet port). For example, with the Razr you are supposed to be able to run the camera app to access the webcam. For the Bionic, the camera app tells you to undock before the app will run.

I know that that the Razr sports Webtop version WT-2.0.0 while the Bionic is on WT-1.3.0. I also know that Webtop is actually a separate Linux (Debian?) OS running on top of Android, and this system is contained in the /osh folder.

What I don't know is whether some part of Webtop is integrated into the Razr/Bionic OS so tightly that simply copying the Razr /osh to Bionic will work or not. Is the Webtop version shown in "settings > about phone" reflecting some fundamental code in firmware or just reading out a version tag in /osh? As Roy Batty might say:.....questions.....

3. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Quote Originally Posted by bladewriter View Post
    Having acquired a Lapdock 500 to use with my Bionic, I wonder: would it be possible to move the Razr version of Webtop
    to the Bionic and obtain all the Razr-exclusive Webtop functions (webcam, SD card slot, ethernet port). For example, with the Razr you are supposed to be able to run the camera app to access the webcam. For the Bionic, the camera app tells you to undock before the app will run.

I know that that the Razr sports Webtop version WT-2.0.0 while the Bionic is on WT-1.3.0. I also know that Webtop is actually a separate Linux (Debian?) OS running on top of Android, and this system is contained in the /osh folder.

What I don't know is whether some part of Webtop is integrated into the Razr/Bionic OS so tightly that simply copying the Razr /osh to Bionic will work or not. Is the Webtop version shown in "settings > about phone" reflecting some fundamental code in firmware or just reading out a version tag in /osh? As Roy Batty might say:.....questions.....
    Interested in this myself...i to use the Bionic and LapDock 500 combo.
    Droid Bionic w ICS Leak .232
    LapDock 500 Pro
    Multimedia HD Dock
    Vehicle Dock

Processor Setting: 1200mHz
    SpeedTest on 4G: Mid 20Mbp's Down and high 15Mbp's Up, average
    LinPack: 45's average
    Quadrant: Low 3000's, average

4. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    DROID RAZR MAXX, BIONIC

Hopefully an update? SD Already works!!!

I was reading a post about this a couple days ago and they were saying that they will eventually be updating the Bionic to be fully functional with the Lapdock 500.

I'm rooted and would love to know if I could manually update something to get the webcam to work. The SD Card reader already works for me though.

I even got the lapdock to function with the Droid 3, to include the SD Card reader. It just gives you a blown up phone screen, but no WebTop. HDMI mirroring, two finger scrolling, speakers, headphone jack, dedicated Android keyboard keys, all work too.

Works pretty good as is with the Bionic, but would love to get the full functionally.

Links