DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 17 of 17

Thread: Lost Root upon update to 5.9.901 and have tried everything on here to get it back.

  1. Junior Droid
    elstonlj's Avatar
    Member #
    243332
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    13
    Phone
    Motorola Droid Bionic
    #11
    I did the "one click to get back on the update path: One Click to get back on upgrade path" to 901 and I have no camera apps and don't have root anymore... I've been doing a lot of reading trying to figure out how to fix this (saying i need to go back to 886: but I am not sure how to do this, specifically) and could really use some help if someone has the time to give me some instructions.
    I didn't 4everoot between updates (OP said to do 901 immediately after).

    I was coming from kin3tx (was rooted and did a 43v3r root awhile back) when I did all of this, but ultimately want to have 901 and be on liberty or kin3tx... praise to you android devs/gods!
  2. Senior Droid
    donzz's Avatar
    Member #
    170361
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    241
    Liked
    14 times
    Phone
    Droid Maxx
    #12
    Quote Originally Posted by elstonlj View Post
    I did the "one click to get back on the update path: One Click to get back on upgrade path" to 901 and I have no camera apps and don't have root anymore... I've been doing a lot of reading trying to figure out how to fix this (saying i need to go back to 886: but I am not sure how to do this, specifically) and could really use some help if someone has the time to give me some instructions.
    I didn't 4everoot between updates (OP said to do 901 immediately after).

    I was coming from kin3tx (was rooted and did a 43v3r root awhile back) when I did all of this, but ultimately want to have 901 and be on liberty or kin3tx... praise to you android devs/gods!
    Follow this video it should get you back on the right path. http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=brhkvKDlrns
    w
    ith option 1 in this opening threads software. R3L3AS3DRoot and 43V3R root for the BIONIC v2.1
    Droid Maxx
  3. Junior Droid
    elstonlj's Avatar
    Member #
    243332
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    13
    Phone
    Motorola Droid Bionic
    #13
    Quote Originally Posted by donzz View Post
    Follow this video it should get you back on the right path. http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=brhkvKDlrns
    w
    ith option 1 in this opening threads software. R3L3AS3DRoot and 43V3R root for the BIONIC v2.1
    does this still work even though I'm already on .901? the OP says only for .886 and .893... I'm not in a great place now, but a usable place, and don't want it to get much much worse.
    also, thanks for your help!
    Last edited by elstonlj; 12-26-2011 at 12:55 PM.
  4. Senior Droid
    donzz's Avatar
    Member #
    170361
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    241
    Liked
    14 times
    Phone
    Droid Maxx
    #14
    The only thing I can suggest is make a backup and then try it.
    Droid Maxx
  5. Junior Droid
    elstonlj's Avatar
    Member #
    243332
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    13
    Phone
    Motorola Droid Bionic
    #15
    Quote Originally Posted by donzz View Post
    The only thing I can suggest is make a backup and then try it.
    how do i backup without root?
  6. Droid
    MrToneBonez's Avatar
    Member #
    222136
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    65
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    #16
    I am actually in the same pickle as elston. I was rooted without updates running purity 2.5 ics. I followed the one click back to update method and lost my calender application and root. Any suggestions on how to fix this?
  7. Junior Droid
    elstonlj's Avatar
    Member #
    243332
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    13
    Phone
    Motorola Droid Bionic
    #17
    Quote Originally Posted by MrToneBonez View Post
    I am actually in the same pickle as elston. I was rooted without updates running purity 2.5 ics. I followed the one click back to update method and lost my calender application and root. Any suggestions on how to fix this?
    MrToneBonez: check this thread, got lots of help on here... all good now! go back from .901 to get Liberty...then hopefully mod .901 onto it
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. lost root after 5.9 update.please help.
    By wolf102 in forum Droid Bionic Tech Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-20-2011, 09:19 PM
  2. After Update - Lost Root can't get back- Samsung Fascinate
    By HeatherStone in forum Android Hacks and Help
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-27-2011, 09:14 AM
  3. Lost root cant get it back
    By arty2hottie in forum Android Hacks and Help
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-28-2010, 05:19 PM
  4. Help I lost root on 2.2 want it back
    By jessesmith121 in forum Droid X Hacks
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-05-2010, 10:41 AM
  5. Lost my Root after the update
    By driftsucky in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 05-20-2010, 10:09 AM

Search tags for this page

5.9.901 lost root

,

5.9.901 root

,

droid bionic 5.9.901 root

,

droid bionic root after update

,
how to root 5.9.901
,
lost root on 901
,

lost root on droid bionic after ota update

,

root 5.9.901

,
root bionic .901
,
root bionic 901
,

root bionic after update

,

root droid bionic 5.9.901

Click on a term to search our site for related topics.
Find us on Google+