DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Bionic Update Versions

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Bionic ROOTED

Bionic Update Versions

My droid Bionic is currently rooted running version 5.5.893. I've been looking around the forums, and have seen a lot of people running 5.6.893 or even 5.7. I just wanted to know, what's the difference between the 5.5, 5.6, and 5.7 versions of .893? Are they custom? Would it be a good idea for me to flash these updates? Sorry for asking dumb questions, I'm somewhat new to the whole android modding thing. Thanks!
    Droid Bionic ROOTED running stock ROM with ClockworkMod.
    Motorola Droid ROOTED running CM7.1.

3. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    198 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    I believe those updates are just maintenance updates that work to improve some of the Bionics bugs.
  4. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Im curious too. I even read some ppl are using .894. Can't find allot of information on the differences between the versions though

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums
  5. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid bionic
    I'd advise not to play wit them.....look around at all the forum chatter and ull see how many ppl are s.o.l. bc they tried new updates and can't get the official or ics when it comes out because of the locked bootloader that keeps their phone stuck in the leak......I was observing the same things but I have seen more failed ota updates on the forums then successful ones......

6. BOA
    Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Eshuntmu View Post
    I'd advise not to play wit them.....look around at all the forum chatter and ull see how many ppl are s.o.l. bc they tried new updates and can't get the official or ics when it comes out because of the locked bootloader that keeps their phone stuck in the leak......I was observing the same things but I have seen more failed ota updates on the forums then successful ones......

its not big of deal people. worse case take your back and tell them its broken and getba replacement. Better yet te devs will fugure it out.
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    12 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid Bionic
    Quote Originally Posted by Eshuntmu View Post

Not true...Moto/VZN is supposed to be releasing a series of updates to fix all the bugs. If they released them all in one update it would be over 200mb from what I've read right here on THIS forum. That would tax the VZN servers too much. These are all to be released before ICS is released. From what I've read here (and other forums) 5.8.894 is supposed to be the final update before ICS. I'm currentlly running 5.7.893 and my Bionic is running GREAT! 36+ hours on the extended battery, MAYBE one data drop a week (IF that!) and the camera is MUCH faster!
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    38 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    Quote Originally Posted by mikespe View Post
    Not true...Moto/VZN is supposed to be releasing a series of updates to fix all the bugs. If they released them all in one update it would be over 200mb from what I've read right here on THIS forum. That would tax the VZN servers too much. These are all to be released before ICS is released. From what I've read here (and other forums) 5.8.894 is supposed to be the final update before ICS. I'm currentlly running 5.7.893 and my Bionic is running GREAT! 36+ hours on the extended battery, MAYBE one data drop a week (IF that!) and the camera is MUCH faster!
    I suppose the thought of them "officially" just posting on-line and allowing folks to "download" the full patched-up file would be asking too much? Come on -- sure most will likely not know what to do and will await the multiple OTA's , but they can certainly get the "vocal minority" satisfied if they just offered it up as a downloadable ZIP.

If it's a hosting issue -- I'll gladly offer up my Dropbox account. :/
    Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    Themer Launcher
    Stock ROM (JB 4.3) -- awaiting KitKat

Links