DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Battery Dead, bricked Bionic, not sure what to do

1. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    My Bionic bricked last night once the battery died. This thread was invaluable in helping me get it running again. I ended up buying a new battery/external charger combo at Verizon. Many thanks!
  2. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Rooted Samsung Galaxy Note II
    I'm glad that it helped, one's misfortune helps another, love the forums!!!! That's how I've learned so much so far, by reading all this fun stuff!!!!!!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums
    Rooted Galaxy Note II
    Eclipse ROM
  3. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    htc DROID Eris
    Thanks to this thread I've got my previously bricked DB up and running again. I bought the charger with the extra battery (android phones should just come with this). Took a couple of hours of trying but it eventually worked. Phone is working like normal again.
  4. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Incredible
    Quote Originally Posted by truckrod View Post
    A FIX FOR THE BIONIC NOT BOOTING UPI bought my bionic on friday and i rooted it and decided to go back to my x and the shut it off the DB and powered up the x all was ok ! then i got up this am and found the bionic would not boot up! it started to n shut off with several attempts at every option!
    i remember having to hard wire the x one time to get it to flash a sbf
    So i got out a extra usb cable out cut the micro usb off stripped it back pulled the black n red wires out stripped then back just enough to slide then in the red+ slot and black in the - slot put the battery in as far as it would go without putting it in all the way as that would spread the terminals to far and bind it up !
    I then took a another usb cable plugged it into the side and then plugged the stripped on into the open port in pc hit power button and wha laa it booted up ! now as the first boot it said battery is bad replace battery ! but i new this was bull because i run a volt check on it before with a volt meeter n it was fine SOOOOO then i shut it down unplugged both cables and then plugged it back in and booted it up again and bammmm all was good and i have had no probs sence NOTE be very careful not to let the bare wires hit any part of the other terminals as that would damage the phone ! strip the wire ends just enough and twist the ends
    YOU ARE A FREAKING GENIOUS!!!! I was freaking out when it wouldn't charge. Thanks for saving my @$$.
  5. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    GalNex
    At risk of sounding like a crazy person, here is what I suggest - we all have learned there are certain bricked/soft bricked stages where a battery cannot charge. So if u plan to continue messing with ROMs and themes....

1. Get a standalone battery charger for ur current (and all future) phone model. Expensive? You bet, but it makes up for it by being inconvenient AND wasteful.

2. Create an All-Purpose Holy-*Crap What-Did-I-Just-Do BATTERY (not phone) charger.
    A. Find a used phone charger that you don't mind mangling a little.
    B. Check the OUTPUT (stamped on the plug somewhere) on the new charger; compare it to ur existing charger. FYI, I like to see everything match, but have had success with voltage being off by 0.1 (mAs have always matched at 850 for me).
    C. Cut the micro USB (or whatever fits into the phone) off, strip out the exterior insulation and locate the small black and red wires inside. Strip about a half inch of the insulation off each of these wires as well.
    D. Remove the dead battery from your brick and lay the battery flat somewhere hopefully away from puddles, gas cans, gunpowder, etc. At this point u want ur new MacGyver charger to be UNPLUGGED from the wall. Hook the red wire to the + terminal of your battery and the black to the - terminal.
    E. Plug your charger in. Obviously unplug it immediately if something goes awry, ie a fire starts on your arm.
    F. Let your battery soak up the juice for several hours. Obviously all basic electrical safety rules apply...if you don't know the basic rules of electrical safety, my super-attorneys and I insist that you go with option 1 above.
    G. If you've done it correctly, when u stick the battery back in your phone you should be able to proceed.

So there you go - two more options for when this happens next time. A safe, expensive option, and a cheap, kinda dangerous option.

Last edited by CJM; 12-05-2011 at 11:18 AM. Reason: Language
    android1981 likes this.
  6. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    MOTO Bionic
    Quote Originally Posted by ScorpionLance View Post
    YOU ARE A FREAKING GENIOUS!!!! I was freaking out when it wouldn't charge. Thanks for saving my @$$.
    You are welcome glad to help out .
    Plus its allot cheaper than a extra battery and stand alone charger ! Not that the extra battery doesn't come in handy! as the bionic is a battery monster
    Hacked Bionic !Rooted COMMANDO & GB D1.OC,My custom theme, Rooted 2.3.3 X
  7. lm2
    Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Quote Originally Posted by cybertec69 View Post
    what's with all these half backed ROMS anyways, what more do you want these phones to do for you, do these ROMS make your phone cook a meal, seriously why not just leave a good thing alone, if you want to mess around with ROMS for a new phone, why not wait till the developer "hacker" gets out all the kincks from his fabulous ROM.
    Which ROMs--if any--are kink-free and worth trying on for size?
  8. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X and D2 Global

Recharged battery from dead phone

Hoping this will help someone else out:

Bricked Bionic with dead battery (after too many re-tries at flashing).

Cut the end off of a bluetooth micro-usb charger (happened to be a Motorola brand, but shouldn't matter).
    Stripped back both wires. Checked for current. Striped / marked side was positive.
    Pushed positive / striped wire into the + terminal / slot of the Bionic battery, other wire into the - terminal / slot.
    (Used a small pick, but a very small flat screwdriver would work as well.)
    Left it over-night.
    Good as new in the morning and re-flashed successfully.

And I had a few of those BT chargers laying around anyway.
  9. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by gregoryx View Post
    Hoping this will help someone else out:

Bricked Bionic with dead battery (after too many re-tries at flashing).

Cut the end off of a bluetooth micro-usb charger (happened to be a Motorola brand, but shouldn't matter).
    Stripped back both wires. Checked for current. Striped / marked side was positive.
    Pushed positive / striped wire into the + terminal / slot of the Bionic battery, other wire into the - terminal / slot.
    (Used a small pick, but a very small flat screwdriver would work as well.)
    Left it over-night.
    Good as new in the morning and re-flashed successfully.

And I had a few of those BT chargers laying around anyway.
    I did this with my DX a while back and it works perfect so you can flash back to stock. Great suggestion!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums
  10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    droid bionic
    Quote Originally Posted by cybertec69 View Post
    That's what you get for messing around with a perfectly working phone, what's with all these half backed ROMS anyways, what more do you want these phones to do for you, do these ROMS make your phone cook a meal, seriously why not just leave a good thing alone, if you want to mess around with ROMS for a new phone, why not wait till the developer "hacker" gets out all the kincks from his fabulous ROM . Or just leave a good thing alone and enjoy your new toy, I am sure the developers of these smattering phones know what they are doing, trusting a second hand wanna be developer with you shiny new device is not real smart.

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums
    Yeah you need to get off here if you're just going to hate. Sounds like some iPhone punk trolling.

The ROMinator

rooted and rommed:
    droid bionic(overclocked 1.2GHz), droid x(overclocked 1.2GHz), droid x2, samsung infuse 4G, samsung captivate, samsung galaxy s2 skyrocket, samsung galaxy 10.1 LTE
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links