DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 11 of 51 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
Like Tree33Likes

Thread: R3L3AS3DRoot and 43V3R root for the BIONIC v2.1

1. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    DROID BIONIC
    Pardon me ( and I do mean it)if I misread/misunderstood your meaning, but I interpreted "I am in a bootloop, so your fix seems like the perfect solution." as sarcasm.

I would suggest that you pick one method of unrooting/rerooting/updating and stick with it from start to finish, following the instructions to a tee. When you mix various procedures and fixes, sometimes part of one will break another. I highly recommend R3L3AS3DROOT as it has worked well for a lot of people.
  2. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    163 times
    Twitter
    liftedplane
    Phone
    Galaxy Note II
    What I did was a complete fxz then pushed the update in another thread I found using adb then did the one click 4ever root method worked great.

You do have the motorola drivers installed? you could try reinstalling them

Sent from my ROOTED DROID BIONIC using DROID forums!
    Myth's and legends that did not exist in yesterday's world will exist in tomorrows. ~Allanon
  3. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by liftedplane View Post
    When you enter fastboot the screen should say battery ok and at the bottom something about the USB being ok as well. Make sure you are plugged into a rear USB not a front as power fluctuations caused from front Ports technically being hubs can cause issues.

I don't own a Mac so I can't attest to any problems you may be having there. If you can get ahold of a PC try it on it.

Sent from my ROOTED DROID BIONIC using DROID forums!
    My fastboot screen does say USB connected, but I still get that "Waiting for Bionic to get to the correct USB state" Sounds like you suggestion is to get to a PC and try from there. I will do that, but if anybody has other suggestions, I am still up for hearing them. Thanks.
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    Hi I am just trying to figure out all of these posts. Is this the easiest best way to Root "forever" my Bionic in order to proceed in installing the new OTA update? If I follow this Root process what post should I follow next to get the OTA update. Thanks
  5. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Apology accepted. It is sometimes hard to read intent in our words. Just glad to be getting some help, cause I surely do need it!
  6. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    One of the problems is that I use a mac. No drivers needed and I can't do the ADB on a mac. But thanks for responding.
  7. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    droid bionic
    Quote Originally Posted by debdado View Post
    My fastboot screen does say USB connected, but I still get that "Waiting for Bionic to get to the correct USB state" Sounds like you suggestion is to get to a PC and try from there. I will do that, but if anybody has other suggestions, I am still up for hearing them. Thanks.
    Suspect you need to select USB on notification bar of phone and then select charge only. Since you are on a Mac you might try selecting PC mode?
    Last edited by tbell6; 10-31-2011 at 10:11 AM.
  8. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by debdado View Post
    May have already been suggested, but I had a similar issue and finally realized that after I had restored a stock system, I forgot to recheck USB Debugging on the phone. Drove me nuts and it was a simple oversight. Hope you get it figured out.

Edit: I see that you are having a different problem and my suggestion won't help. Hope you figure it out.
    Last edited by Calla969; 10-31-2011 at 10:46 AM.
  9. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Bionic & Droid
    Probably a really stupid problem. Running Win7 Enterprise (64bit) and cannot get the fastboot.exe to work. The Bionic is in fastboot and plugged in. I double click fastboot and the program appears then closes in a second or so. I tried as administrator and in XP mode with same result. (Same for the adb.exe file)

Also tried to root using R3L3AS3DRoot.bat with no luck.

Am on 93. Was rooted and updated (but missed the persistent root items)and lost root. I used "MotorolaOneClickRoot_psouza4" from 8/26 to root previously.

Thanks.
  10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    12 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid Bionic
    I posted this in the other thread but has anyone noticed that the update is 5.6.893 and NOT 5.5.893? PLUS I went to About Phone/System Updates shortly after and it then came up as 5.7.893!!! I updated and everything seems to be running super fast, data is working great and the camera seems fantastic. Here is a screenshot to show the update:

R3L3AS3DRoot and 43V3R root for the BIONIC v2.1-20111031145333.jpeg
Page 11 of 51 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Links