Wassup everyone. This is my first contribution to this forum. I've had the first Droid, Droid X, and now the Droid Bionic. I was lucky enough to get the package deal from Costco. And of course I rooted it right when I got home! =)
First off, I already had an audio/video setup for my car(ps2/dvd/hdtv tuner,reverse camera) but thought it would be cool to integrate my new phone so I could stream Netflix to all my screens. To my surprise, webtop was a welcomed side effect to my hack. Now I just need to buy a bluetooth keyboard and mouse. (anyone wanna donate? :P)
- First I took apart the car dock and grinded/drilled an opening so I could fit the micro hdmi cable.
- Then I docked the phone. Then aligned and plugged in the micro hdmi into the phone.
- I then epoxied the hdmi onto the case and let it dry.
- The stock power port was adjusted to match with the hdmi port and epoxied that as well.
- I put everything back together.
I wasn't planning to do a write-up of my hack but thought I would share. Here are my after thought photos. Sorry, I took some photos with the Bionic, but mostly the with my OG Droid. Btw, Doing this method on the standard home dock will also unlock the webtop.
Hope you guys enjoyed!