DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bionic lapdock or lapdock 100?

1. Droid
    Member #
    Twitter
    slamanna0212
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Quote Originally Posted by th3absurdhero View Post
    I bought the 100 and used it for a couple days but could not justify the $200 price tag on it, i had expected better quality. It felt cheap and it's not as small and portable as id wish it could be. I also was annoyed that it would freeze occasionally(i am rooted and could have been an issue), I still wouldn't pay more then $50 for it honestly its still a novelty so id prefer a net book or tablet over it.
    I heard when it first came out it had a lot of low memory issues but that it was lessened with the recentish .901 update, maybe even more with .902. I also froze a lot of the crap apps that come on it which i read also helps speed and memory. Il report back once it comes in and i can test it.
  2. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Bionic
    I'm on the verge of getting the lapdock 100 myself ...I'll be interested in knowing what you think.

Sent from one Android device or another using Tapatalk
  3. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    droid
    I just got the Bionic Lapdock. Have had it for a week now. I love it! It is a LITTLE more laggy than my laptop but not bad at all. The size and weight is perfect for me. A mouse is a must...although I never like touchpads regardless of what they are on(laptop/lapdock). WELL worth the $200 IMO!
  4. Droid
    Member #
    Twitter
    slamanna0212
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    It just came! Initial impressions are great. The reports of a slow keyboard and mouse are true if you leave it at default settings. If you crank them up it works great. Netflix and 1080p videos work perfectly. Will update it once i use it more.
  5. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid Bionic
    So.. I can look up the reviews and videos myself, but the one thing I can't find is straightforward prices. Can someone tell me how much each of the 3 of them are? I'm on my Bionic and searching for phone accessories isn't exactly easy via Google, and for some reason when I tried searching Amazon it just made me queasy, I don't know why but Amazon does that to me. If I look up review videos they'll probably mention the price they paid, but the videos are probably a few months old and the price has hopefully since then gone down, and I'm not thinking about actually getting one for a few more months.

I also want to see the reviews to see if it's an alternative to a tablet. Some of the other high school students use tablets instead of binders and notebooks, and they write their notes and do homework on the tablets, and the teachers are more than fine with it. Sure, they still have to take tests and quizzes on paper and other classwork that can't be done on a tablet, but it's easier than lugging around binders and notebooks from class to class. But in addition to that, a tablet would be much more silent than a Lapdock because, well, the Lapdock has keys. But hey, I could find ways around that, probably by using my Bionic as a miniature keyboard and mouse.

Back on topic, can someone post the costs of the Lapdock for the Bionic, the Lapdock 100, and the Lapdock 500? Motorola's website never mentions pricing, they make it seem like you can buy things off of their website but being on a phone makes it impossible to browse their website.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums
  6. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid Bionic
    Dang.. Looking at the comments of the reviews for the Lapdock 500 on YouTube, a few days ago there was a huge sale.. $150 for a Lapdock 500 PRO. Multiple people got them, but when you go to Verizon's website and look for the 500, it'll give you an error if you actually find the page.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links