DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Standard Dock doesn't use external speakers

  1. Droid Newbie
    Barry121's Avatar
    Member #
    223848
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Phoenix AZ
    Posts
    4
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    #1

    Standard Dock doesn't use external speakers

    I bought the standard dock to use as a bedside alarm. The phone's built-in speaker isn't loud enough so I hooked up a pair of external speakers using the 3.5mm jack on the back of the dock. I pull up the music app and everything works great. Great sound, great volume. But when the alarm goes off, the sound is coming through the phones built-in speaker. Even if I set the alarm to play music. If I plug the speakers into the jack on the phone itself, everything works fine. But not if the speakers are plugged into the dock's jack.

    Anyone else seen this? Is my dock bad? Is the default alarm app just too stupid to realize there are speakers connected?
  2. Super Mod/News Team
    Shadez's Avatar
    Member #
    32075
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Lafayette Hill, Pa
    Posts
    8,223
    Liked
    594 times
    Twitter
    @Shadez69
    Phone
    Droid,Droid Bionic/Galaxy SIII
    Premium Member
    #2
    Quote Originally Posted by Barry121 View Post
    I bought the standard dock to use as a bedside alarm. The phone's built-in speaker isn't loud enough so I hooked up a pair of external speakers using the 3.5mm jack on the back of the dock. I pull up the music app and everything works great. Great sound, great volume. But when the alarm goes off, the sound is coming through the phones built-in speaker. Even if I set the alarm to play music. If I plug the speakers into the jack on the phone itself, everything works fine. But not if the speakers are plugged into the dock's jack.

    Anyone else seen this? Is my dock bad? Is the default alarm app just too stupid to realize there are speakers connected?
    I know with the HD Dock, when you put your phone in it, it gives you a set of options, if this is the case with the standard dock, click "Skip or Quit Picker" then try selecting your alarm.
  3. Droid Newbie
    Barry121's Avatar
    Member #
    223848
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Phoenix AZ
    Posts
    4
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadez View Post
    I know with the HD Dock, when you put your phone in it, it gives you a set of options, if this is the case with the standard dock, click "Skip or Quit Picker" then try selecting your alarm.
    The Standard Dock gives the option of Bedside, Productivity or just your standard homescreen. I've tried the alarm in all three of these modes with the same result: when just playing music everything is piped out the external speakers. When the alarm goes off, the sound comes out the built-in speaker.
  4. Super Mod/News Team
    Shadez's Avatar
    Member #
    32075
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Lafayette Hill, Pa
    Posts
    8,223
    Liked
    594 times
    Twitter
    @Shadez69
    Phone
    Droid,Droid Bionic/Galaxy SIII
    Premium Member
    #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Barry121 View Post
    The Standard Dock gives the option of Bedside, Productivity or just your standard homescreen. I've tried the alarm in all three of these modes with the same result: when just playing music everything is piped out the external speakers. When the alarm goes off, the sound comes out the built-in speaker.
    Try going to your home screen and then selecting a third party alarm app.

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. External Speakers
    By DecoDrive in forum Android Accessories
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-25-2011, 01:38 PM
  2. External Speakers
    By DecoDrive in forum Droid X General Discussions
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-22-2011, 03:36 PM
  3. External speakers
    By DecoDrive in forum Droid X Accessories
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-21-2011, 01:56 PM
  4. External Speakers??
    By dakoop in forum Droid X Accessories
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-05-2011, 02:49 AM
  5. External speakers for Droid.
    By Mjaydakid in forum Android Accessories
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 04-06-2010, 07:16 AM

Search tags for this page

android music external speakers
,
bionic hdmi internal speaker
,

droid 3 external speakers

,

droid 3 speaker dock

,

droid bionic speaker dock

,
droid x dock speakers
,
droid x2 alarm through speakers
,

droid x2 dock speakers

,

external speakers for samsung galaxy

,

external speakers for samsung phone

,

external speakers for samsung phones

,
how to use external speakers
,
how to use external speakers with samsung
,
play music externally android
,

speaker for droid phone

Click on a term to search our site for related topics.

Tags for this Thread

Find us on Google+