DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Verizon Shell/Holster Combo

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid

Verizon Shell/Holster Combo

Could people who have this case give their reviews here?

How do you like it? It fits in the dock, doesn't it? Etc...

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums
  2. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic, OG Droid
    I think the case itself is fine, but unnecessarily bulky if you don't use the extended battery. It fits in the standard dock okay. Some claim it fits in the car/navigation dock too, while others (like me) say it doesn't - at least not without applying enough force that it concerns me. Regardless of the docks fitting or not, I find that the shell slides out of the holster too easily. It won't fall out if simply held upside down, but it's too easy for my comfort.
  3. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto D2
    Anyone try the Qmadix shell/holster with the extended battery yet?
  4. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    I got it with the extended battery. It fits in the regular dock fine, just have to remove the plastic insert in the dock. I like it and the kickstand is quite nice I do wish it covered the top and bottom edges though. I use both with the holster and without in my pocket.
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyMcDroid View Post
    I think the case itself is fine, but unnecessarily bulky if you don't use the extended battery. It fits in the standard dock okay. Some claim it fits in the car/navigation dock too, while others (like me) say it doesn't - at least not without applying enough force that it concerns me. Regardless of the docks fitting or not, I find that the shell slides out of the holster too easily. It won't fall out if simply held upside down, but it's too easy for my comfort.
    I just found a thread where someone was saying it was extra hard and awkward to release. Maybe yours is defective or something? I am on my OG now, so I'll try to find that link when I'm at the computer.

I hope more people post their experiences with it here.

6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    16 times
    Phone
    DNA, Bionic, Eris, zoom, A100
    I have this case/holster. I liked it very much, however I'm a grandmother and sometimes little people try to be helpful and bring me my phone. I just didn't think there was quite enough protection around the edges of the screen, so I got the incipio case for now. I will tell you this though, my husband had this case/holster combo on his charge. A couple of Weeks ago while he was mowing the whole kit and caboodle came off (vibrated right off I think) and he ran over it with the tractor mower. He found the phone in one place and the holster a few feet away. The only damage suffered was a bent clip on the holster. No damage whatsoever to the phone, not even a scratch. So it truly is durable.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by mamawm View Post
    I have this case/holster. I liked it very much, however I'm a grandmother and sometimes little people try to be helpful and bring me my phone. I just didn't think there was quite enough protection around the edges of the screen, so I got the incipio case for now. I will tell you this though, my husband had this case/holster combo on his charge. A couple of Weeks ago while he was mowing the whole kit and caboodle came off (vibrated right off I think) and he ran over it with the tractor mower. He found the phone in one place and the holster a few feet away. The only damage suffered was a bent clip on the holster. No damage whatsoever to the phone, not even a scratch. So it truly is durable.

Wow! Nice anecdote! Thanks!

8. Android For Life
    Member #
    Liked
    48 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    DroidForums.net Theme Developer
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mbk View Post
    I just recieved the OEM holster case w/kickstand from VZW and I gotta say that I cannot understand how some saying it's crappy!???... the damn case is superbly made, fits my Bionic with percision, and feels much better in my hand compared to the light, tiny feel (I do had bigger hands so that might be why I prefer it with this case)..... And it's gonna be absolutely perfect with my extended battery!!...WOW, I am really loving this case, the only thing that has me a little puzzled is how I can get the dock to appear while using the kickstand in portrait mode...that's the only drawback I see about this case/holster....
    From another thread... Kickstand works great when charging now that I have the stock Deskclock app (w/weather) installed, I have no need for the dock.... and I cannot for the life of me understand how some are saying that the case slides out of the holster easily!....I tried pretty vigorously to shake it out and could not. I mean I guess it could slide out if you're suspended upsidedown on a bungee cord and dropped of the Grand Canyon...lmao
  9. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic, OG Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by Mbk View Post
    .... and I cannot for the life of me understand how some are saying that the case slides out of the holster easily!....I tried pretty vigorously to shake it out and could not. I mean I guess it could slide out if you're suspended upsidedown on a bungee cord and dropped of the Grand Canyon...lmao
    I don't think it would come out by just shaking the holster. Under normal use I would place my thumb against the top edge of the holster, then push up with my fingers on the bottom of the phone. I had a couple instances where I leaned or turned, causing something next to me to push on the phone, pushing it past the point where it's normally retained by the upper lip on the holster. At this point, the phone could easily slide out because it's no longer completely in the holster.
  10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    41 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    I have this case. Very nice design with just some crisscrossing raised black lines across the back. The case really makes mt phone feel solid an the holster functionis great. MY phone doesnt slide out yet i only need to apply a little pressure to slip it out an into my hand. I wear it on my belt or sometimes clip it on the edge of my shorts on the pocket. Very nice weight to it an sturdy. I feel this can stop dents an scratches from occurring on the phone.

Things that i don't like are as follows. The clip on the holster is to plasticy i feel it could snap under pressure. Also the kick stand is a little trick to get out for my liking. You need nails, an i clip mine regularly lol

So enclosing i feel this case is excellent for protecting you Bionic. Only the clip an kickstand slightly bother me.

we will drive after a couple beers an NOT make a federal case out of it

Current Phone: Galaxy Note 3 (Stock Locked Bootloader Android 4.3 Jellybean)
    Retired Phone: Original Droid (Rooted and RunningCyanogenmod 7)
    Galaxy Nexus (Rooted and Rommed running JBSorcery 4.3 with Trinity Kernel)
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Links